S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am kinda new to this Forum and noticed alot of people are interested in Fiberglass PODS,Panels,Enclosures,Etc... So Im going to explain how i made mine in the past...and have a Fiberglass console coming up this week and will post pics step by step from it.

First you will need:
Cardboard
Resin
Fiberglass Cloth
Sissors
Gloves
Paint Brush
Vaseline or WD-40
and Duct Tape

Now first thing to do is to measure how big wide etc you want the console to be. Wich im pretty sure most of you have already got your plans..Now take the Cardboard and Cut out Exact replicas of what u want your Console to look like...For Example..The Top,Sides,Front,back... Now that you have them cutt out to the way you want them u know need to tape them together with duct tape making a U Shape with the Duct or V Shape its up to u....Now after u get all together (except for the bottom) Spray the Cardboard with the WD-40..Or Vaseline...So that u can remove the cardboard later...Now Mix your Resin and Hardner together and use a Paint Brush to Spread a light coat over the whole inside of your mold...After you do that...you will need to cutt up Pieces of the fiberglass Cloth and put over the Resin...i had my Fiberglass already cutt up so the resin wouldnt dry while i was cutting....Now after that take your brush and put another layer of Resin over the cutt up fiberglass...and let dry for 2 hours or until dry....Once its Dried u can add more layers if you think its needs to be stronger...But shouldnt need much more because after all it shouldnt be holding much weight...Now Pull the Cardboard off of it...Sand Down the corners to desired look...Primer..and paint...Or Tweed....Your probaly thinkg what about the bottom...Well since its a console...no one should see the bottom...Plus u have to Access the stuff your going to install in it like TV's CD Players... Etc.... i will have pictures soon...hopes this helps

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Why not lay the fiberglass on top/over the cardboard fixture?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually thats what im doing with this one...because i wasnt able to check it in time and couldnt pull the cardboard off of it so im going to just glass over it...and yes u can :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts