S-10 Forum banner

Would you replace your stock bed with a fiberglass bed?

• Yes, but I'd keep it stock looking

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Yes, I'd do it full custom

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • No, fiberglass sucks

Votes: 40 27.4%
  • No, I have to much invested in my bed to change

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Undecided, I'd have to see it first

Votes: 65 44.5%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiberglass Bed

How many of you would replace your stock bed with a full fiberglass bed made exactly how you want it, with professional top quality construction and pricing cheaper than a brad new bed/tailgate/rollpan.
Just think, all the mods you can imagine would be built into your bed, saving time, headaches and money.
Vote now fellow s series ryders!

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
Wouldn't work on my daily driver...plus I have seen some covers glassed on and they were cracked.....def fiber glass amp mounts,sub enclosures, etc.

my 2 cents

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
i honestly think it would make the rear of my truck lighter then it already is..giving me more traction problems...but then again..i'd rather my truck be faster then then next truck rather then look better..so..to quote low tech..

just my .02

·
Expletive Deleted
2,970 Posts
Half the fun and satisfaction of your customs IS the pain in the ass of shaving taillights and such..

granted it'd probably help out a bit with baggin it.. but.. who knows..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fiberglass bed

Intresting... Low Tech brings up the point that it wouldnt work on his daily driver BUT I see tons of raised trucks with fiberglass beds and they are "daily drivers" (and offroad too) and they dont have any problems with weak spots or cracking, as long as they are built right.
SlamminChevy, I have a question for you, dont you think by shaving off close to 100 pounds with a fiberglass bed your truck WOULD be faster, but your right it would give traction problems... if your rear is stock and lets face it most of us have a 4 link or road-grater type unit in the back right, so there goes the traction issue.
Mrshaft, No, nobody makes a fiberglass bed for an s-10 to my knowledge, I've looked all over if anybody finds a company that makes them post here and let me know.
that said, Chilloutski... it would be the biggest pain in the ass because you'd have to build a whole bed from scratch.
I'm not dissin on you guys just the facts...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey I see the votes are undecided, they'd have to see it first. Well if anybody out there is a good artist let me know cause I'd like some input from a good creative mind as to what your ideas of a custom bed would look like.

·
Wheres the beer?
162 Posts
Fiberglass cracks too quickly me thinks. But if it looked good I might consider it. Eah probably wouldnt do it, don't get shit for traction anyway let alone making it lighter in the back...

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
throwinsprxxx: other then a 2" drop and some engine mods and way way too much spent on a stereo..my truck is stock..but i agree with what you're saying shaving close to 100lbs would make the truck peppier....i'd need posi and and least some 245's before i'd consider it though. i don't think bags will ever be an option for me..while they impress the heck out of me..i just don't think it's my style....??

·
Registered
11 Posts
just my .02

personally i like all metal bodies. i don;t like fiberglass on the truck other than enclosures, amp racks, interior mods. but like i said...........just my .02.

didn't someone have a post sometime back about a guy that had a fiberglass bed? wyldsyde? or something like that?

·
I Hate IFS
49 Posts
If the bed went fiberglass, I'd have to put the whole truck fiberglass... and the reason behind doing that would just to give it that lightweight feel... and baja look of course! Fiberglass always makes it easier for those suspension modifications anyways. Better have the cash to keep that shit lookin new though!

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Fabtech makes some fiberglass body parts..

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
thats what i thought also but i guess not

1 - 18 of 18 Posts