S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a little input...

I have a edc and a 450 on an 8 gallon tank. my ports are all tied up for other stuff, so i need to run the edc and 450 on a cross. my question is would it be okay to run a water trap after the cross on the tank or do i need to get separate traps for each inlet before the cross? would oil/condensate seep into the 450 once it cuts off at 145? should there be a check valve on the edc?

is there any difference between the 1/2" & 3/8" smc water traps besides the pipe size? does the 1/2" have a bigger filter?

and if anyone knows of a good place to pick up a leader hose for my EDC... it has 1"x14 threads on it instead of NPT.:rant:i need to able to convert that to 1/2" or 3/8" NPT Female threads if possible.

my friend says mounting my 450 upside causes them problems... BS?

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
yeah, your EDC needs a check valve. the 450 has one on the end of the leader hose, i wouldn't be concerned about oil backflowing into it, but i would definately run an oil separater for the edc, and water trap for the 450.

the 1/2" trap is way bigger than the 3/8. i'd say go with the 1/2" trap.

look in the phone book for a Parker Fitting store near ya. if you can't find them, let me know, i'll hook you up with a name/number of somebody who can get you the right fitting (and for the mods, no, it is not me. lol), and a line for your edc.

as for the 450 upside down, i'm pretty sure they can be mounted in any position. i have a pair under my bed upside down, they work fine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i should've known when i got my friend to say "IM SOFA KING WE TODD IT" 5x that he was full of sh*t. lol

there's a parker store not far from here... never been there tho. they make custom hoses?

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
i should've known when i got my friend to say "IM SOFA KING WE TODD IT" 5x that he was full of sh*t. lol

there's a parker store not far from here... never been there tho. they make custom hoses?
they should be able to. if not, they suck. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts