S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm about to get some stuff painted (relocated tailgate handle, door handles and grille color matched, sport mirrors and roll pan)
what i need to know is this:

i have a gm factory roll pan. i bought the screw license plate lights off ebay. i need to know what would be the best way to fill in the factory taglight holes. what should i used? has anyone else done this?

also, when i get my door handles painted, do i need to get the 94-97 handles or can mine off my 00 be sanded. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
224 Posts
weld those holes!!!

Just weld the holes shut. Any other way will end up messin' up on ya'! You could sand the texture down somewhat on the handles youve got, and then prime and sand and prie and sand to smooth them out, but you can probably get a set off an older one fo about 30 bucks. Just swap your locks and your done. of course the olderones have a light texture in the dip, but you could smooth that out with a few coats of primer.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks for the help. i figured welding was the best way to go. and i'm probably gonna be on the look out for some older handles. i'll post some pics when i get it all done. it'll probably be a few months though.

·
low and slow
430 Posts
I just saned my handles down a little and had my body guy shot em and you can barely notice the texture.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well...

if thats the case i'll probably just stay with the handles i have now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts