S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
dark side member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the rest of you, I want to put a v8 into my sonoma. Now I have a few questoins to ask. Has anyone ever tried to use a motor plate instead of motor mounts? I'm thinking this would open up all sorts of room for headers and the steering shaft. Also, I am planning on using a carb'd engine so will I need to buy a seperate computer to controle the tranny or can I use the stock computer from the v6 and use senser plugs to simulate the engine so I can controle the tranny? Any help would be much appreciated.

bbcc

·
Registered
471 Posts
had a buddy set up his 88 S10 with a front plate worked like a champ but it was a drag only setup no accessories. Had another buddy did one using a front plate and a mid mount plate he had lots of problems finding headers that would clear the mid plate he finally built a set from a weld up kit to get it to work. The vibrations were bad inside the trucks with the motor mounted solidly to the frame you feel everything.

·
dark side member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply bdazgmc. Ya, I was thinking of the vibration problem, but if the header selection headake was solved then it would be worth it. Could anybody recomend a brand of motor mounts they have used? I'm new to the whole mini truck scene, so I don't really know all this stuff.

bbcc

·
K.L.N. Performance
80 Posts
i have a front plate on mine works great vibration isnt bad at all i have an alt and an electric water pump drive and manual stering you will have to be creative to mount any other acc.
i am running hooker full length headers with flow master collectors.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts