S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to repair mouse damage to my 2003 Sonoma v6. Among the parts damaged are the foam "fender seals" in the gap between the firewall and front fenders - part #5 in image:

Parts are no longer available. Any opinions on how important this is? It's behind the inner fender, so protected from splash from the wheels. If needed, my only option would seem to be to cram some high-density, closed-foam in the gap, although I don't if it would stay in place. I believe the original is glued in place from behind, which would mean removing the outer fender, something I'd rather avoid. Thoughts?

·
time to get cereal
7,388 Posts
I used to have some from junkyard fenders I've had, but I've since thrown them away. I would try the salvage yards, some might just give you that for free if you buy other parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They're clipped in and probably have to remove the fenders to install. Junkyard is your best bet.
If I may ask, can you give me some info on how these things install. I am ready to install an after market fender and need to reinstall this seal, but it’s been so long I can’t remember how it fits exactly and how many clips it used.
thanks

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
If I may ask, can you give me some info on how these things install. I am ready to install an after market fender and need to reinstall this seal, but it’s been so long I can’t remember how it fits exactly and how many clips it used.
thanks
My memory isn't that good to recall the exact number of clips. Holes in the seal should be fairly obvious although it could be tore up a bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, I’m good now. Your mentioning of the clips caused me to remember some clips left in the old fender, when I found them, it was clear how they were installed. Thanks loafs.
OK I’m good now. Your mention of the clips caused me to remember clips left on the old fender. Finding those resulted in seeing how to install. Thanks loafs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts