S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of looking for a tailgate skin for my stepside truck. (Not the combo)

I have found FBI is the cheapest at $89.00 for one, but i have also heard that FBI sucks at shipping things out or not sending at all. What is everybodys opinion on FBI?

Or where else can I get a tailgate skin?

·
Registered
645 Posts
They made my tailgate skin and roll pan. NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!! They even worked with me goin away and shippin it out a lil later. And sure enough, when i got back from military duty, it was sittin at my door

·
wut u talkn bout willis?
695 Posts
dont even get me started on FBI..i've had nothing but bad luck with them...lets see...i ordered a rollpan for my steside with flame tailights..i was told 2 weeks...5[/] weeks later i get my rollpan but..oh..look at this..its for a fleetside!!!!!...so i fought when them on the phone for a week before they would take it back and make a new one..took them 5 more weeks to get me my correct rollpan!!!....THEN i ordered a billet dash kit..it came with everything..i was told 1 week...2 weeks later HALF of it came...so i waited and waited..2 weeks later i call to find out what the hell is going on..they said the peices are at the polisher and will be to me within a week..well i get SOME of whats left but i was still missing one peice that i finally got like anther week after that.....so i am COMPLETLY done with FBI..they can kiss my ass for all i care

·
Got bondo dust?
243 Posts
I wasn't totally happy with the stuff I ordered from them. It wasn't the quality I expected, but I guess it's why they have the best prices. A friend of mine got a FBSS airbag kit from them and it didn't come with any instructions or wiring at all.

·
Color Changin Member
1,375 Posts
order from Can-Do customs. Its the old Alter-Images but now they are cheaper and smaller so they get more done. 530-533-8680

·
Registered
106 Posts
Check it out, ordered xtreme step shver kit 2 months ago and paid still havnt seen it, called to bitch about it and they ordered the wrong one!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I called them to order a pan and more stuff during the christmas "buy one get one" and they said I had to order online to get that deal. I ordered online, and 2 weeks later I get one of everything. So, I called them back and they said "You have to call us so we know you want the free ones." I told him I did but he said "Thats not our problem."

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
ah, 10on22's, thats jons name..i been trying to get ahold of you.

i orderd my rollpan, it came, i bolted it up, put the bottom lip of the pan under the tabs on the bottom of the bed, and the pan was SHIT. absolute garbage. it was more than 3/4" off, the cure was wrong, the edge was banged up (which i reluctantly delt with since im going to mold it in) there is a ding in it that looks like a door ding, that once again i let go because im molding it. i ended up having to trim the tabs on the bottom of the bed back about 1/2" on each side, FORCING the pan up, and screwing the pan to those tabs. just to get it to fit right, i had to do ALOT of work to get the pan to bend to the right shape.

i also orderd a tailgate handle relocator with my purchase, and i wasnt told ahead of time that they were on backorder. Me, being and understanding person i called and they told me, and i have NO GRIPE about that really, that doesnt bother me a bit because they were so quick to just let me know what was wrong, but some people might get upset.

as for my experience with the rollpan, being in my mind, garbage, i will be extremely reluctant to order again. Derrick70 was there helping when i put the pan on, and he has decided to absolutely not order from FBI, and we're both interested in lexan windows.

shipping was not as fast as stylin concepts, but shipping was more than acceptable. they called within a day, and confirmed my order, and told me 10-14 days, and the rollpan did arrive in that time. But, as far as product quality. i give it a 2 out of 10.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
king_nothn said:
Talk to Phil (y2k xtreme)... he can hook you up.
yeah i would agree. derrick70 orderd a pan for his stepside xtreme from phil, it fit sweet, minus a couple little things, but thats always expect with aftermarket, nothing at all that was a major problem, just the kind of things we expected, it was at least curved right.:rant:

·
alone i break
4,291 Posts
ya i hve to give phil a thumbs up on the pan it was made the way i wanted it and i have very few problems getting it on but easly fix kysers on the other hand we got it on the truck it fit like ass i would most deff order from godfather are some other rep names like cando

·
2,116 Posts
I have had problems with FBI before, but I can equally say that after I got my jimmy back from the bodyshop I was really impressed with the fit of the roll pan I got from them. I have seen some first generations like mine that doesn't have the lip in the bottom of the roll pan like my FBI pan does. It looks like it came from the factory that way. Best $39 I ever spent! I can say that anytime you are dealing with shipping companies such as fedex or ups that there is a chance for these things to get bumped around and stepped on, not supposed to happen but it does...thats what shipping insurance is for and it is your responsiblity to file a claim. Anytime you buy a automobile body panel they tell you to expect some light pings and such....that's an easy fix and can be done with minimum bodywork during the paint/prep process. Even a goodmark hood can come this way. You can't expect custom and aftermarket products to drop right in place, my rollpan took some minor shaping and adjusting to get the right fit.

I had a four link that I decide not to use and they took it back with no problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts