S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any specific information on these? I was looking through them at auto zone but was wondering what amount of lift these springs can achieve realistically.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
the spring rate is over 1000lbs per spring, in short it's one stiff spring and i have heard the spring is only good for about 2" of lift.

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
More than 2", If I recall right it got 3"-3.5" from Red Baron's LT.

I recommend to stick with Dick Cepek 2" lift coils.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

the dick cepeks are 2 in. and is the ride quality horrible? Also, If I remember correctly the moog 5664's are 2 in. as well. Is there a difference in quality with these 2 springs since they're both advertised as the same lift level? Mine's a 4.3 ext. cab.

So what are the pros and cons to each of these springs... Also does anyone have advice on AAL? I've been looking into them as well thinking that 2 in. springs and AAL will give me 2 in. of lift and keep the truck level. Right now it's 3in spindles, 3in. shackles, 3in BL.

One last thing, I'm running 33's now with the existing setup and a mild rub on full lock. If I do these springs and AAL and clear 2 more inches, can I run 35's?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

Nope Red Baron told me I quote "about 2 inchs"

·
one bad bow tie
897 Posts
the dick cepeks are 2 in. and is the ride quality horrible? Also, If I remember correctly the moog 5664's are 2 in. as well. Is there a difference in quality with these 2 springs since they're both advertised as the same lift level? Mine's a 4.3 ext. cab.

So what are the pros and cons to each of these springs... Also does anyone have advice on AAL? I've been looking into them as well thinking that 2 in. springs and AAL will give me 2 in. of lift and keep the truck level. Right now it's 3in spindles, 3in. shackles, 3in BL.

One last thing, I'm running 33's now with the existing setup and a mild rub on full lock. If I do these springs and AAL and clear 2 more inches, can I run 35's?
there was a guy on here that had a 2nd gen 2wd that if i recall right had 3" body spinldes and lift coils. and his 33's still rubbed on the body mount. there should be pics in the lifted 2wd pic thread his name is 992drjimmy. his truck is a red stepside.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there was a guy on here that had a 2nd gen 2wd that if i recall right had 3" body spinldes and lift coils. and his 33's still rubbed on the body mount. there should be pics in the lifted 2wd pic thread his name is 992drjimmy. his truck is a red stepside.
that's weird. I don't seem to have a problem with the 33's contacting the body mount... just the lower part of the inner fender... my angle grinder fixed that problem. The fenders are cut and trimmed in the back. Primarily it hits the sway bar but that's at full stop lock. My main goal is to see if I can fit 35's... but I have a feeling I'll definately have a problem with that body mount if I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts