S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I just installed my new Slam RS-62's up front today and now the truck won't lay out in the front. I had a contitech bag in it up front and it would lay out (except for the tire rub) and now it won't. I am thinking that the cups might be too tall, so should I trim the top bag cup, or what?? Any help would be greatly appreciated....
Chris

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
You can trim the ones you have to layout... trim em to Jasons specs if ya can.... 2" uppers, 2.25" lowers.

·
Vicious Kustoms
148 Posts
yeah i cut a shit load off my cups and they are fbi's they suck if i would have known better at the time i would have bought jasons cups. oh and make sure u weld some all thread on the top cup to bolt them in or your bag will move all over the place and rub and thats goin to cost ya.

Brian

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks to all your guys' help on this subject. I knew that was probably it, so now I just have to get a hold of a grinder and start the fun process. Next up on my list.....get some smaller tires!!!
Chris

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
ok i dont know if im right but you had a conitech bag in fbi cups and it layed ,but once you installed the slam bag it didnt, If this is true the problem is the bag
the slam bags only have a 3 1/2 fully compress rate and the contech/firestone bags have a 2" compress rate.

·
Registered Asshole
5,823 Posts
yeah Slams have a taller height cause they got the internal bumpstop in em. I think its better than a Fire or Con, it prevents the bag from rollin over on itself like the Fires can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts