S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a small fan i want to put in front of the grill as like a pusher fan because it will not fit in front of the radiator with my small room that i have so i took some pics of the switch i will use and the fan and wiring what i want to know is what wire should go where on the switch so i will know what wires to extend into the cab for the switch and what one to extend for the ground thanks so much guys

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is that a 2 speed fan?
the blacks are ground and the others are the power wires
The pics are a little fuzzy, but I'll try to give you an answer.
If what S1--den said is true, and you have a 2-speed fan that you want to run manually thru this switch, this is how it should work. First, test the fan wiring with just some jumpers on your battery terminals. Hook the black wires to the negative post of the battery. Then individually touch the green wire to the positive post. See if the fan runs O.K. Remove the green wire and place the blue wire on the positive battery post. Does the fan run again, and at a different speed? If everything checks out O.K., then ground the two black wires somewhere near the fan.
The switch you are showing is called a single pole,double-throw switch. It is
really a switch for controlling two different circuits with a common function.
This is what you need. Connect a 12V positive lead to the middle terminal
on the switch. This is the common denominator. Then hook the blue wire to
one of the end position terminals. Hook the green wire to the other end
position terminal. Now as you look at the switch, from the side you should see blue - 12V(usually a red wired you provide) - green. Make sure that
you run the red wire thru a fuse or circuit breaker before you connect to
a positive terminal.
Have fun!

·
Y would you wanna do that
187 Posts
im with him the switch will melt if u run it direct,, if u go to your local parts store of your choice(oriellys here) if you ask they usually have a fan control setup with the wires, atemp probe, and a relay rated at like 30amps. also ask about offroad lights theres usually easy to wire 40amp relay setups for those that you could use with a regular switch if u wanted to. off road kit runs like 4 bucks, the fan setup kit is like 30ish if u want the fan kit lemme know and i can hook u up with an oriellys part number l8er..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts