S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new to this forum but i just bought a brand new 2002 chevy s-10 v6 and one of my friends said you can buy fake superchargers/turbos they just make the sounds and stuff i know you guys are thinking why the heck do u want a fake one????? well im only 16 and cant afford to insure the darn thing and would just like to have the sounds and stuff with out spending the money does any one know where i can find a fake supercharger/turbo any web sites or any thing would be very helpfull thankyou everyone for your time

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
WHY!!!???!!! If you don't have a lot of money, why would you want to waste what you do have on something like that? Why not spend it on an exhaust or intake or something that actually does something?

DogP

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feed back but exhaust will void my warrnty. i would just liek to have it for fun i head there only like 50 bucks or so

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
the only part of warranty changing your exhaust will void is pretty much your old exhaust.

as for one of them little boxes that make noises they will void the warranty on your whole wireing system.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
a TB spacer will give you the whistle of a turbo...but thats about as good as it gets...they are $80 or so. Im sure you could find one cheaper...

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
01zq8 i dont know anythign about cars or trucks whats a tb spacer ? is it hard to put in ? where can i find one you think? if you dont know where you can get them or any thing thats cool thx alot for your help

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
:lol:FAKE!!!! WHAT!, omi***ingod man, why???? :lol:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! DON'T BE THAT GUY!:boom:

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
J_Rod said:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! DON'T BE THAT GUY!:boom:

P.C.U. ROFLMAO.... WOW....

ok someone post that pic of the bass cannon painted all up like a N20 bottle...

ya that TB spacer kinda sounds like it might be a turbo whine... but other than that I don't know of any fake blow off valves..

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
If you take the gasket between the cat and the muffler out it will make a whisteling sound!
we gutted the cat on my friends car and didn't replace the gasket yet and it whistles, sounds kinda kool but he has a ricer.

don't mess around with fake stuff, get a cold air intake and just make it faster!!!

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
If ya wanna "wow" people and scare pedestrians, get an electronic Blow Off Valve here: http://www.takakaira.com/accessories/nightpager/nightpager.html It will only set you back a paltry $468 minus shipping and handling... I agree with DogP if you are short on moolah, why spend it of something that won't improve performance and only embarrass you if someone legit lines up next to you :confused: ? Not trying to be a jerk-it's your money and you can spend it however you want to. But, you could spend it better elsewhere.

Mike

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Heres a way to sav some money and still accomplish what you want. Find one of your freinds thats willing to ride around on the weekends with a bumpersticker that says TURBO in big letters on his forhead. Have him make a real loud whistling sound the whole entire time. Maybe you could give him a few extra bucks to make a soiund like a blow off valve every once in a while. If hes a good freind the cost would be minimal and the performance gains would be the same.......NOTHING!!. Besides that he looks rediculous, you don't....:D

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
heresdamanladies said:
hello im new to this forum but i just bought a brand new 2002 chevy s-10 v6 and one of my friends said you can buy fake superchargers/turbos they just make the sounds and stuff i know you guys are thinking why the heck do u want a fake one????? well im only 16 and cant afford to insure the darn thing and would just like to have the sounds and stuff with out spending the money does any one know where i can find a fake supercharger/turbo any web sites or any thing would be very helpfull thankyou everyone for your time
That's dirty...

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
just buy a sticker from nissan that they put on the xterra xe - s/c and se - s/c that say "supercharged" and stick it under chevy.....but most people will probably laugh at ya and you'll give s-10 a bad name.....but its your truck :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol thank you every one for your reply i greatly appreicate them i really dont know what i was thinking the more i think about it :)02redxblaze thats really funny cause me and my friends where joking about what you wrote lol thanks again everyone :) have a great week this will be the longest week for me i get my truck this week or next hopefully :) im so happy thanks again

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
jUST BUSTIN 'EM. gOOD LUCK W THE TRUCK:p

·
Registered
1 Posts

I know how to make it... =)
I've been pojecting it for several years now and it's not just the sound but it actualy boost some little pressure and it sounds like a supercharger....

I wanned to make a compressor witch is easy to put on the motor and i came to know that that thing sounds just like american ''supercharger''

(I am from croatia we only use turbos here hehe)

and I will start to market it online as soon I perfect it....
now I'm browsing forums to see if this is going to be a good product.
And I think that people will like it... to hell with that I like it... A LOT..

Soon I'll make the blog with videos, sounds, and pictures of my prototype compressor, and yes it's gonna to be cheap...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Heres a way to sav some money and still accomplish what you want. Find one of your freinds thats willing to ride around on the weekends with a bumpersticker that says TURBO in big letters on his forhead. Have him make a real loud whistling sound the whole entire time. Maybe you could give him a few extra bucks to make a soiund like a blow off valve every once in a while. If hes a good freind the cost would be minimal and the performance gains would be the same.......NOTHING!!. Besides that he looks rediculous, you don't....:D
LOL thats a great idea and this way during the week when your friend isn't with you the truck won't look or sound retarted with fake stuff. If you don't have the money now don't spend the little you have just save it up so you can buy and put a real turbo set up on the truck I promise it will sound WAY better than any fake ones out there. (Reminds me I still need to get some video of my truck and post in my thread)

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
I know how to make it... =)
I've been pojecting it for several years now and it's not just the sound but it actualy boost some little pressure and it sounds like a supercharger....

I wanned to make a compressor witch is easy to put on the motor and i came to know that that thing sounds just like american ''supercharger''

(I am from croatia we only use turbos here hehe)

and I will start to market it online as soon I perfect it....
now I'm browsing forums to see if this is going to be a good product.
And I think that people will like it... to hell with that I like it... A LOT..

Soon I'll make the blog with videos, sounds, and pictures of my prototype compressor, and yes it's gonna to be cheap...
Get out of here with you 8 year old thread bumps. Go sell your silly shit to your Croatian friends.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts