S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody of the top of their head tell me which factory option springs would lift my 88 2.8 2wd 2"? I don't mind if the rides a lil on the stiff side I've never liked how "loose" the factory ride is

·
the new guy
701 Posts
you could probably try and find some zq8 springs from a second generation. I hear the suspension is interchangeable so if it is, get zq8 springs and a rear sway bar and your truck will be tons more sporty feeling, suspension wise.

my 98 has zq8 and it hardly has any body roll through the turns. it is really fun to drive in twisty roads and feels like it will be a blast in autocross.

·
Been there Done it
7,049 Posts
No. ZQ8 springs will go the other way, down. You want to go up. There are no "factory option springs" that will raise it 2". That would pretty much max out the suspension upwards and the factory would never produce a spring that would cause a lot of warranty claims on suspension components.
Here's a link to someone who has lifted a 2wd. Read the whole thing. When he is done telling you all the reasons not to he continues and explains how.

There is complete section of the forum dedicated to how to lift 2wd s10's. https://www.s10forum.com/forums/2wd.219/

·
the new guy
701 Posts
oh man, I totally misread what you were asking. for some reason I thought I read you were just looking for sporty and lower

·
Administrator
21,748 Posts
Why are you asking if he's interested in lowering if this thread is in the Liftin' It forum? Or are you saying your interested in lowering yours?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a 87 4x4 2.8 that got t-boned. insurance totaled it. I found a 92 2wd, 2.8 but didn't like the stance. it sat too low. so I took the rear leafs from the 87 4x4 and got 4.3 front coils and put these on the 92. it sat level and I was happy with the new height. I think you could get away with 2nd gen springs from the junk yard.

·
time to get cereal
2,277 Posts
Me? None, they came factory on my truck. I don't think they lift any, they just have extra load capacity. I have 4" drop leafs now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts