S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a factory fog light switch panel for my 98. I don't have factory lamps on my system but do have aftermarket. My question is this. Does anyone know what the pinout on the harness is for the factory switch? Mine aftermarket switch only has 2 wires to break the connection and I would like to wire them up to the factory switch. Is this possible? The factory switch has 4 wires.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Doesn't look as though this forum gets much attention but if anyone reads this I found out a little more info.

I took my dash appart and found that my truck is wired for the switch. The harness is there but it isn't plugged into anything. So I can just plug the new switch in and I am good there. My question now is does anyone know where the wiring is in the front end for the lights? Is it with the headlight wiring?

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
i bought my factory fog lamps in a kit from the chevy dealership I was at... it came with the airdam, foglamps and factory wiring with a relay, thats why there are four plugs on it

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Just go to radio shack and get a multimeter they are very useful.
you can test the switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.