S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well my blazer didn't come wit factory fog lights. but i was wondering if i get the switch that has the fog light switch in it could i use that to control a relay to control fog light i put on my blazer. it's a 2000 lt 4dr

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and the reason i'm asking is becuase they really crack down on people where i live with aftermarket fog lights to see if they turn off when the high beams turn on. and i figured this would be and easier way to do it insted of wireing into the lights to control a relay for the gof lights.
any help is great

thanx chad

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
its monetary i believe... so its a bit harder than usual, but doable i think. but wait till sumone who knows what theyre talking about comes up

·
Slap my meat on your pita
8,091 Posts
Im pretty sure Ive read somewhere that its in the ECM for the factory fogs, so you have to get yours flashed or something.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i live in berks pa and they stop u on the street if your driveing and have them on. i thiough maybe i could use the wire comeing off the switch to control the relay becuase i already have the plug for the switch panel for a fog light just no switch

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,978 Posts
i have an extra plug behind my headlight controls, maybe its for the factory switch that my truck doesnt have? i also found factory speaker wire under the grills in the dash for some speakers up there which my truck didnt come with. AND when i had my front end apart last week i found and extra set of plugs on the back of the core support, possibly for fog lights? what i am saying is that i think the wire harness in every truck is the same, the difference is that with the added options, they were just parts that plugged in. i have a pretty base model truck and i have been finding unused connectors all over the place.

you can see in this picture down on the right bottom of the core support with the green cap on the conector.

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,978 Posts
theres one on each side, and it is a capped connector. im not totally positive on what it is but i figured it was since i have all these other plugs on my truck that arent being used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts