S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2003 Xtreme
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have problems with the lip edge on the tailgate bedliner?

Did you or the shop fix it? How?

Mine is not very straight across (nothing in the middle to hold it flush against the tailgate). If I grab in the middle of the top of the tailgate I can move the liner forward and backwards. The paint underneath has started to scuff already.

Still under warranty however I don't trust "hammer mechanics", and prefer to do the work myself. I would like to add 2-3 factory style screws in that area equally spaced.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
If I was you Id take it out. I took mine out 2 weeks after I bought the truck. The paint in the bed looks alot better. If anyone needs a bedliner I got one. :whogives:

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
Yeah, it takes the paint off the bed.

I purchased my truck used, had the bed liner in. Paints worn off so its staying in there now...

Get a bed rug :sheep: My dads got one in his Lightning its cool!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah I have a bedrug, and thanks to the previous owner, I have freakin' rust all in the bed! And hopefully Chevy will replace it with a new one since I'm still in my rust warranty.

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
I have a spray-on bedliner and now that is worth every penny. You can throw anything back there without having to worry about your rug getting dirty or your paint chipping or bed rusting. The stuff is guaranteed not to peel, crack, discolor, etc. Plus, with the traction on the bed, stuff rarely seems like it slides it around like it use to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts