S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

i'd just like to get your opinions on alarms/keyless entry systems
for my truck. i was thinking about purchasing the factory unit...

any comments/suggestions

thanks

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i dont have a factory alarm. i purchased a code alarm. it is really good. right now i just have the keyless entry and flashing lights options. i plan on upgrading it to remote start and remote power windows instead of remote door silenoids for when i shave my door handles. these are all things you should consider when buying an alarm. mine cost $250 installed. and those options i just mentioned run it into the $430 range i believe. another cool option is remote stereo turn on.

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
honestly..you can probably pick up a much better alarm if its aftermarket, that way you can get some extra features you may want at a lower cost! I would strongly suggest getting an aftermarket one.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
14 Posts
if you don't have a problem ordering things on the internet go to www.autotech.com got a presteg (not the right spelling ) model # AP750a long range ant. remote start for 145.00 with shiping. sys. will do everything but page you and for another 100.00 you can get that. if you have the pats sys. on your ride you will need a starter interfas thats another 30.00 but the remote start will not work with out it. I put one in each of my three rides and thay work fine. also if you let them know the kind of ride you are going to put it in the'll send you the wiring inst. :idea:

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
14 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts