S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i first ordered some amber speed glo mirrors from godfather customs, they sent me the blue ones instead, i said well thats ok, ill put them on and see how they look. I had them on for two days and they started flickering on and off. I sent them back and had them send me the right ones which turned out being 30 bucks more since they are l.e.d's instead of the speed-glo ****. I thought that was alright since l.e.d's arent supposed to burn out, right?......wrong.....ive had them on for about a month now and one of the f*ckin led's went out.....dammit...i think its cuz there's some moisture in the lense.....dammit, am i the only one who has trouble with apc stuff?????:bash: :boom:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
word, i was looking into the LED signal mirrors, those are the ones you are talking about right?

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
As far as I can tell...anything made by APC that has a glued seam on it needs to be re-sealed. Everybody I know that has their lights had to re-do the seams. If you do decide to get them, just run a bead of Winshield silicone around the edge of the lens. The stuff dries clear. It's still a bunch of bull**** that you should even hafta work on these pieces before you put them on. For the price you pay for theis "bolt-on" crap, it should work the first time. And don't bother trying to get ahold of APC with a complaint....I've got like 10 emails out to them...still no response...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Half of their sh-t doesn't even look kool, unless youre tryin' to make your truck look like a jap heap. All of that crap is played out-just call it a loss and order from an american company-APC is nothing but an importer.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Where can I get some Winshield silicone?
My rear lights leak.

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im pretty sure you can get the clear silicone at auto zone or whatever auto parts store is near you...

well after a few days of no response from apc i went out and bought some new yellow led's and im gonna take my mirrors off and solder them in. I was planning on painting them any way so now i think im gonna put the led's in and seal the lense back on..then bondo the edges smooth and mask off round circles where each of the led's are....it should look pretty sweet...ill take some pictures of the process.......

rmducati , MightyMouseJ5, this is the first problem ive had with these mirrors, im sure its cuz they werent sealed properly...i shoulda done it when i first put them on...but i have been happy with them, i like the way they look more than the plain ss mirrors and ive also gotten quite a few good comments on the turn signals..and id much rather have these than the speed glo ones, at least with these anybody who is decent with a soldering iron can fix 'em.......

-peace-

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
Hey sonomazq8!

Is that your red sonoma.....have any pics up on here at all or a site?

:evilg: LowTech:evilg:

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
just regular clear silicone????

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grant- yeah clear silicone should work...........

LowTech- yeah ill post some pics here in a sec.......

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here are some old pics, i dont have the mirrors on and the flames on the back window are gone now...

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I like my tail lights because I am the only person that has them, I have yet to see another s-10 with the same lights. One guy said they stopped selling them because they leaked but it only gets water in it when I go take it to the car wash.

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
one more.....
ill get some more pics once it gets warm out and i finish a few "secret" mods:evilg:

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
those are pretty sweet tail-lights.......i dont think i have seen those ones:thumbup:

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
are those the same Tail lights?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts