S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so now I have a question...I am going to be bagging my truck...soon hopefully...and i wanted to know Front/back or Front/back/side/side. And if I do that how many air guages will I need for each or the other...and which is better...thanks

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh nice name Juggalo!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok but which do you feel is better?

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
not really "better or worse", when i started, i had 3/8" front/back only. was tickled pink man, fun is fun....... but you will eventually want fbss, its just the nature of the beast. if you can afford fbss, do it now and save the hassle of adding later. if you can only afford fb, go that route..... i wish i had from the get-go but i was a poor guy at the time. both are fun, just having that little side extra sometimes is killer fun

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet thanks looks like thats how I will go then

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
do you plan on running a sway bar? if so... that really limits you hitting some mad sides. But hitting sides is fun, at least at first... i couldn't tell ya if the thrill wears off, as I've only had my truck bagged for a couple months now. But it sure is fun getting some crazy looks when you are at a red light and air the one side all the way up and drop the other all the way down! haha

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No if I do it im not running a swaybar. I wanna do this all right the first time, so I dont have to go back and add the rest...you know what I mean?...Im planning on running 17's but will probably go up to 22's

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
i used to have fbss.... its definitely something i wanted to have at first but it wore off. The second time i redid my truck i set it up for fb. The setup is simple. I run a zq8 swaybar so i can hug the turns. I also run shocks all around. I can literally drive my truck with the rockers 1" off the ground 80mph on the highway without ever bottoming out and i get just about zero body roll. I am more about making setups that ride smooth and perform good than doing cool tricks. i also have my valve speed super slow. The thing i don't really like about fbss is that you have to play with the switches to get it level while driving. i would much rather hit one switch and have it go up nice and level. when you connect 2 valves to one switch they never run for the exact same amount of time and your truck will look uneven when lifted.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
N Da Werx
741 Posts
I have my s10 with fbss, and a fullsize chevy with only fb!
i must admit, everyone trips when i'm in the s10 and lay the driver side down, then the passenger!
But i also agree with LOWDIME96! my fullsize i can get level easy as hell... but my s10 i have to play with the switches if i wanna level ride!!!

it goes either way in my book.

·
Registered Abuser
1,415 Posts
i like being in traffic with one side up and the other down...gets alot of conversations while sitting there lol..but when i do the ss im only going fb with swaybars and shocks all around for better handling.

·
US Beer Drinking Team
7,156 Posts
fb will give you more bodyroll without a swaybar. fbss gives less bodyroll and more control obviously. fb will not give you an even lift (chevy lean) and with fbss you need to adjust each bag to get an even stance. fb is cheaper but it's really all personal preference.

you can always go fb and add more valves later. or go fbss and sell off the 4 valves if you want to go to fb.

·
needs a cheeseburger
6,049 Posts
i run fb and i have the drivers side cup cut down a 1/4 inch and it lifts straight and im also running a 2 link and no sway bar up front and there is less body roll than when it was stock.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
i run 6 valves..4 in the front, 2 in the back...no swaybar, thats why im down for the sides in front...and its also faster ups with 1/2" valves AND line and 2 front fill valves...at 200 psi my shit hops

the fun factor is neat for a whille...but theres times when i forget i even i have sides and never use em...

id say go with a 6 or 8 valve setup if you dont run a swaybar...if you do...then just f/b should suffice

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No No no dumpbed...I dont like the way that looks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts