S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NO LIFE LIKE LOW LIFE
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to buy some extreme wheels but they would not fit my 88 s10. the ?? i have is why wont they fit my truck thanks

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
It has to do with your hub size upfront.. older s-10's have a thicker hub than newer ones, what you can do is get a dremel and take a little material off the center bore of the wheel to make them fit. It will not cause a balance problem like some people think.

·
NO LIFE LIKE LOW LIFE
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they wont fit on the back ethier

·
Registered
805 Posts
heres what to di..i did this when i installed my xtreme wheels, go to autozone and rent an engine honer from there loan a tool deal. install it on a drill and bore out the center. The engine honer keeps everything nice and circular while maintaining the balance of the rim.
--Andrew

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
How could the center hole have anything to do with balance.The rim sets on the wheel studs the same way no matter what.The center whole has nothing to do with the wheels rotating mass.Just bore it out enough to let it set on the hub with out having to force it on.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
HAHAA..I got mine on, just crank the nuts enough and it'll shim out the metal..hehe. No really afterwards I had a sledge hammer take them off..hehehe, then had them bored out properly. They'll work if you do it.

Nate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts