S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all

i'm new to your forum and i must say that i'm quite impressed...

however i would like to ask all of you about getting some 'Extreme' skirts to fit my 2000 s-10 ex.cab sportside. Can you get them through the dealer and / or aftermarket suppliers?

any info is appreciated

thanks
frank

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
you can get them from GM but they will be expensive.(everything from them is :bash: ) try ebay, i get deals on all kinds o stuff from there. other companies make side skirts but the GM ones fit and look the best:cool: .
good luck!:drinkhaha

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
DevX said:
The "Extreme" skirts were limited edition, only avalible on the highly sought after Extreme.
devx is right..the "Extreme" skirts are hard to come by. if you do find a set of Extreme skirts, you should expect to pay quite a bit for them..

however, the Xtreme side panels aren't all that expensive, if you get off ebay...:D:D:D

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
is it just me or is everybody here spells xtreme with an "E". is this like a special body kit that is different to the real xtreme kit or what?

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Just don't slap Xtreme badges on the truck afterwards.
No ofense DevX, but what is up with this xtreme high and mighty sh!t. Cuz u bought a ss with gfx and wheels that makes u special? I am so sick of hearin sh!t about the **** emblems. I personaly dont like them but I'm serously thinkin about buyin them just to piss a few people off!! I bought an S10, so did u! Get off it already! At one time i used to think that X's were nicer than my truck but F that, A factory X is just that, factory. If anyone else feals that they are beter than me because the have an X and I have an S10 w/gfx, step up to the plate and let me know. This crap is stupid, get over it!

·
Wir sind allein
72 Posts
Its the fact that I bought an Xtreme sorry a S-10 with the "Xtreme package". If you bought a regualr mustang V-6 and slapped GT badges on it. Or had a Grand Prix and slapped GTP and it was only a GT. I bought my Xtreme package. Yes it is factory...a factory package. Just like if someone bought a S-10 and slapped SS stickers on it, I am sure you'll have some SS guys pissed. Sure I could have bought a S-10 with a ZQ-8 suspention package (not a regualr S-10 suspention) and then slapped some GFX on it. Still wouldn't make it an Xtreme. Just like is I bought a Z28 and threw on a new hood, wouldn't make it an SS. I don't feel that I am ****ing better than anyone else because I bought an Xtreme. Why the hell someone would feel supierior cause of a vehical is ****ing lame. This is why I am contemplating selling my X beacuse now I become associated with the whole "Scene" :rolleyes:

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Thats prety much my atitude, but an X is no SS Chevelle. The cars and trucks u speak of have somthing an x dosent. Performance!(besised the ZQ8). All the Xtreme package is is a ss with a look! My truck is an S10 with a look. I hate to tell ya but we arnt that diferent, and its not the emblems, its the atiude behind them. Its the 3 year old "Im beter than u are" atitude. By saying " U beter not put X emblems on that" is sayin that my truck will never be as good as yours so dont thin that it is. And all because it didnt roll out of the factory like that. This isnt the first time you have talked about this. U gave me the same line of crap when I posted pics of my truck. forget it, now I'm glad my truck pisses people off. :bash:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
peace

gentlemen/women

if i knew my request was going to stir up so much emotion i would have never asked for your help.

please lets not forget the reasons why we all come together
to this space in the first place

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
this one is a novel

Im sorry that you regret posting, seriously. as I said I got my kit from Autobahn Wholesale and it was a great kit. But I have one more thing to say. If there is one thing I have done to my truck that I regret, it is buying those gfx. I bought them because I thought they looked great on the truck. And I still do, no one makes a nicer looking kit for the S10. What I did not buy them for was to hear "Great truck, but its still not an xtreme." I have done alot of mods to my truck ranging from major to minor and guys with semi stock X's still look down on my truck as if they were the athority on whos truck is nice and whose isnt. Now this is not to say that there arnt alot of real cool X owners out there, i.e. guys at the MV NY meet. but there are a few guys out there that ruin that image. The reason I went on my rant was because I got that same bull in a previous post about emblems and I acted like a sheep, bowing down to the xtreme gods. I was so pissed after I read what I wrote and I wished I stood up more for myself and my truck. The oportunity presented itself in your post so I took it. I am sory that I used your post, that was asking a simple question, to get my revenge. This site, and myself, frowns highly upon flaming, but what was said was said and Im glad it was. I have had my kit for about a year now and wish I could take it off, and I would, but I have about 30 holes drilled into my body to hold it on and I cant aford to get the whole truck repainted. Please do not hold this post agianst the board. This site is a great place to find and exchange info. If you ever have any other Q's about anything dont be afraid to ask. This sort of thing dosnt happen too often at this site. This post just struck a nerve and I am sory if u regret posting. If you still want the kit, pm me and I will help u with any question u might have about it,
Jon

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Personally, I like the standard ZQ8 trucks as opposed to the g/fx. Everybody who looks at an 'X' expects them to be fast, but we all know that they dropped in 2.2L. The X was an appearance package and only an appearance package. However, it was only available on the ZQ8 S-10s, which as we all know was a sport suspension.

The idea of ZQ8 as a sleeper is a good one. The average "ricer" sees lowered S-10. But when a "ricer" see gfx, he thinks "awww ****, he must have 275+ hp"

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
Re: this one is a novel

ConnecticutS10 said:
Im sorry that you regret posting, seriously. as I said I got my kit from Autobahn Wholesale and it was a great kit. But I have one more thing to say. If there is one thing I have done to my truck that I regret, it is buying those gfx. I bought them because I thought they looked great on the truck. And I still do, no one makes a nicer looking kit for the S10. What I did not buy them for was to hear "Great truck, but its still not an xtreme." I have done alot of mods to my truck ranging from major to minor and guys with semi stock X's still look down on my truck as if they were the athority on whos truck is nice and whose isnt. Now this is not to say that there arnt alot of real cool X owners out there, i.e. guys at the MV NY meet. but there are a few guys out there that ruin that image. The reason I went on my rant was because I got that same bull in a previous post about emblems and I acted like a sheep, bowing down to the xtreme gods. I was so pissed after I read what I wrote and I wished I stood up more for myself and my truck. The oportunity presented itself in your post so I took it. I am sory that I used your post, that was asking a simple question, to get my revenge. This site, and myself, frowns highly upon flaming, but what was said was said and Im glad it was. I have had my kit for about a year now and wish I could take it off, and I would, but I have about 30 holes drilled into my body to hold it on and I cant aford to get the whole truck repainted. Please do not hold this post agianst the board. This site is a great place to find and exchange info. If you ever have any other Q's about anything dont be afraid to ask. This sort of thing dosnt happen too often at this site. This post just struck a nerve and I am sory if u regret posting. If you still want the kit, pm me and I will help u with any question u might have about it,
Jon

Hey man dont worry about the d1cks that think there truck is better then yours. Those kind of people have no clue what its all about. Lets face it, 98% of the people on here own a GM truck, so I find it funny that they dont know its a Xtreme and not a "Extreme" just because its part of the family. I bought my X because I figured I would put g/x, wheels, and lower a S-10 anyways so I got a head start off the factory line, lol. We are all S-10's (Xtremes, SS, etc) why do you think the front plate says "Xtreme S-10", so whats the big deal? An Xtreme is a package but we are all still the same and have the same interest to work on our trucks.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Just thinking about, the two dealerships near me have only had two x blazers, 1 x that I know of and absolutely No ZQ8s!!!

However there is one black ZQ8 for sale in Albany @ $15,000. It's a 2000 xcab with 4.3 auto and solid black! Sweet!

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
you guys sound like a bunch of babies!!! Just take off your emblems(either s-10 or xtreme one's) and stop the whining!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
ss truck

Does it make me a cheater because I have ss badges on my 82 383 powered(360 rear wheel horsepower)s-truck?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts