S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can you order a 2 inch drop coil springs for the front of a 99 extreme.....can you just use coil springs instead of spindles and if you use the coil springs would you go on and replace all the stock shocks front in rear because i am going 2 inches in the front and 3 inch blocks in the rear.

·
how low can you go
2,745 Posts
u could try the s10 forum classifieds or maybe www.stylinconcepts.com they are all right. and if ur gonna lower it i would put new shocks on in like nitro drop shocks or something along the lines of that just my $.02

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you dropping an extreme or do you want to look like an extreme. An extreme already has a 2" drop spring. So if you are an extreme you want a 2" drop spindle and you dont need to replace shocks. If you want to look like an xtreme then you could do either way and replace shocks with coil springs. My choice would be spindle always does not effect ride quality.

·
wish i had bags
2,047 Posts
the xtreme package consists of a body kit, 1.5 drop coils/leafs, sway bars and a quicker steering box and 16" wheels with 235/55 rubber, or 235/60 on a x blazer, so if you are trying to lower it more than from the factory use either 2" spindles (new shocks not needed, the travel of the suspension is not changing) or 3" leafs with new shocks (the shorter springs shorten suspension travel) most people choose to go with spindles because if you decide to bag it later you would need the spindles anyway, however if you do decide to go with springs you just use 3" drop coils for an s10, there are not special springs for the xtreme model, also using 3" coils will only drop you 1.5 inches more than a factory xtreme (your replacing a 1.5" drop coil with a 3" drop coil, 3 - 1.5 = 1.5 inches lower) while if you use spindles you drop a full 2 inches from factory X height (1.5" coil + 2 inch spindle = 3.5 inch total drop relative to a normal s10)

please use the search button next time, or view the sticky about 2/3 drop info

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i do have a extreme and i dont really want to deal with spindles because i just want something fast and easy right now so i wanted to go with front coil springs and 3 inch blocks in the rear...but the thing is, i called styling concepts and they said its the same kit for all s10 including extremes but when i called godfather customs up and got talking to the guy he said that there is a kit made just for extremes. i want to go 2 more inches in my front and dont wanna pay a arm and a leg for spindles so thats why i choose the coilsprings. Also i have 16s on my truck and on the passanger side of my truck my wheel rubs the sway bar and the truck has never been wreaked....any ideas why this could be?

·
FREAKS
1,079 Posts
if you have an XTREME you dont need springs you arleady have them...you should just go with the spindles man thats what i recommend summit racing has them for 129.99 plus in 9.50 shipping! plus blocks and thats all you need and youll have a 2/3 drop!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How hard are spindles to put on...i havent looked at that yet...ill go that way cause blocks are only $30....how long does it ussually take cause ill probably order these in the next week or so because im getting a hypertech tuner and new thermostat this week so that will have to be next week

·
Registered
312 Posts
i have 2" drop coils if you want them
65 shipped. almost brand new

·
Credit Bush
1,640 Posts
Do spindles. I droppped mine 2/3 and it took 5 hours with lots of bullshitting in between. The rears only take like an hour cutting off bumpstops.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
You definitely want to do spindles they are much better. I did spindles on my truck and the front took maybe an hour to complete it. The back took much longer because I did new leaf springs and blocks!! I kept my stock DeCarbon shocks front and back and my truck still handles fantastic.

·
Registered
506 Posts
if your gonna yank the springs you have to bust loose the spindle anyways, unless you know some kind of new way to do it without breaking loose a balljoint.

you might as well go with spindles. it might be 10 more minutes of work and you don't have to replace the shocks.

·
wish i had bags
2,047 Posts
pewter2door said:
if your gonna yank the springs you have to bust loose the spindle anyways, unless you know some kind of new way to do it without breaking loose a balljoint.

you might as well go with spindles. it might be 10 more minutes of work and you don't have to replace the shocks.
exactly, and god father customs is full of it, they might make a kit just for the xtreme, but the only difference is probably in the price, order from summit, you can find the part #'s in the 2/3 drop sticky

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'll sound like a broken record but do spindles. I did just couils last year on my ZQ8 sonoma and just did spindles today. WOW! It rides alot better. And its a hell of alot lower than it was last year. (I'm also using a 3 inch drop coil to go with teh 2 inch drop spindle.):D

·
I have a wheel fetish !
2,678 Posts
bassndownlow,
where are you located ?
if you are somewhere close to me i could help you out, spindles aren't any harder than springs.
you have to almost completely remove the spindle to replace the spring.

·
resident bmx prick
444 Posts
did you order the spindles? please say you did... spindles are EASY... if you can change a tire, and use a wrench... you can change spindles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ya man I just dropped my xtreme 2 days ago, 2 inch drop spindles and 3 inch blocks, no need for new shocks and still rides like stock, and like everyone else said you already have drop coils and you have to pretty much take out the spindle anyways to even change the coils.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i just got my djm spindles in. my question is should i replace my ball joints while im at it? sorry to hog the thread.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts