S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking about getting an extreme air dam for my s10 but was wondering if their would be any problems with it aligning with the rest of the truck. Anyone know?

Oh also, can the factory roll pan be molded or welded in?

·
Registered
863 Posts
no airdam will fit fine
pain in the ass to get off stock air dam
but get some nuts bolts and washers and the extreme one will never move

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
EDubs said:
get some nuts bolts and washers and the extreme one will never move
I'd go with ny-lock (sp?) nuts. You don't wanna tighten the regular nuts and bolts too tight, or they'll rip your air dam. I think they use those damn plastic pin things from the factory.

The allignment is NO problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Anyone know where I can get one for cheap? Looked on ebay but their selling there for around $150, didn't think they'd be that much.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
yep $150 is very cheap for an airdam but that is used... i think dealer wants over $500. but im not sure

send a PM to twins0203 he sells xtreme parts for very cheap hes always stocked.... i'm sure he'll have an airdam

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
GO_XTREME said:

send a PM to twins0203 he sells xtreme parts for very cheap hes always stocked.... i'm sure he'll have an airdam
Werd! $175 shipped, and real quick too!!

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
the only problem is where the airdamn meets the wheels, on the Xtreme there are wheel flares the normal S-10's don't have???

The factory roll pan can be welded in....it is steel

caleb

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I've already changed my mind on the Xtreme dam. I too was thinking about the flares and the fact that it would sit about an inch or so lower than the rest of the truck. Think I'll save up to get the SS Gen 1 valance instead.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I've got the gen IV and think it is pretty pimp.......I thought it was the best looking out of them, and it only has two fog light holes....the ones with 4 looked kind of ricey IMO

Caleb

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I personally don't like the ones with 4 holes either. The Gen 1 only has two (if I'm looking at it right, and I like to think that I am). Somone else has, or had, one on their ext. cab and I loved the way it looked. Didn't look stock but didn't look too after market either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts