S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
slow and low
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK OK i am a newbie.... i have a 2000 extreme that im putting a 2/3 drop on...spindles in front, blocks in back.... and i was wondering if i can use air shocks...because i would like to be able to raise my truck during the winter because i drive it year round.... will this work and if so which shocks are best and which ones will fit etc.. i have no idea about any of this...
 

·
slow and low
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dr. Nate said:
It is Xtreme, not extreme.

Do you mean helper springs?

no i wondered if u can replace the regular shocks with air shocks that way you can pump them up during the winter to get a higher ride height...monroe or somethign makes them but im not sure if putting them in will actually do wut i want them to do
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
thats the setup that i roll with. just make sure you have enough air in the rear air shocks or you'll bottom out at every bump
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I have 2" spindles in front and 3" blocks in the rear with air shocks, i fill the shocks up when I haul my quad around. make sure to leave air in the shocks or the back will bottom out alot
 

·
slow and low
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CR's-X said:
I have 2" spindles in front and 3" blocks in the rear with air shocks, i fill the shocks up when I haul my quad around. make sure to leave air in the shocks or the back will bottom out alot
about how high does it raise your truck when u fill up the shocks? or does it even make it higher at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
it depends on how much air you put in them, if i put alot of air in them the back can go higher than the front and vise versa.
 

·
slow and low
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CR's-X said:
it depends on how much air you put in them, if i put alot of air in them the back can go higher than the front and vise versa.
....if you put the maximum amount of air in both the front and the back...about how much would it raise it...im so concerned about this becuase of the snow...i dont want to be plowing with my air dam once theres a decent amount of snow on the ground... do u think i would be stupid to be the 2/3 in seen as it snows where i live and my trucks my daily driver or do u think id be striaigt as long as i had the air shocks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
how low does it drop in the rear will my truck sit level my air shocks can lift my truck 3-4 but i want it low but still cary a heavy load so i just want to know how low will it go with air ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
xtirtzt said:
....if you put the maximum amount of air in both the front and the back...about how much would it raise it...im so concerned about this becuase of the snow...i dont want to be plowing with my air dam once theres a decent amount of snow on the ground... do u think i would be stupid to be the 2/3 in seen as it snows where i live and my trucks my daily driver or do u think id be striaigt as long as i had the air shocks?
i did a 2/3 and cracked my air damn and i live in PA but it wasnt even snow that f ed it up it was a big possum or ****...i scooped it up GRRRR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
i only put the airshocks on the rear, im not sure if they will work on the front

besides if you are that concerned about f***in up your airdam when it snows, just go buy a stock S10 air dam, i got mine for $30, ill try to get some comparison pics for you to see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
98 step side said:
i did a 2/3 and cracked my air damn and i live in PA but it wasnt even snow that f ed it up it was a big possum or ****...i scooped it up GRRRR
damn *****......thats how I f**ed mine up the first time...... and i didnt even have it dropped then
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top