S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
you're a plug
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i couldnt find any exterior styling sections so i figured this was the best place to post.

i had an idea about putting some team flags that would go over my truck bed. im sure a lot of you have some fav teams so this could be interesting for you to.

this is a pretty shitty image of what i was thinking.

[

the poles that they would attach to could connect below the bed, so if you wanted to remove them it would still look stock. the only problem is i cant figure out what i could bolt them to. i was thinking this thing:

the only other thing i can think of is using the inside of the bed.

any ideas???

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
I'd say drill two holes in the body/bed mount and run a piece of angle iron parallel to the ground, forward from the bed mount. Attatch with bolts or self-tapping screws. Then get a long piece of threaded rod to use as your flagpole. Drill a hole in the angle iron, and secure the threaded rod with two nuts and a lockwasher. You might want to slip a piece of rubber tubing of some sort over the threaded rod to keep it from scratching up the paint between the cab and bed because there will be a small amount of flex that will probably be unavoidable.

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
some kid at school did this with a rebel flag(kentucky..go figure) but anyways i think he just used pvc pipe and attached it to the bed and stuck the flag in and i guess made it where it would fly out somehow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts