S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sheet Metal Master
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Extensive Metalworks rear bag kit? The whole step notch one. I just wanted to know if it would raise back up to stock ZQ8 ride height? And also how low does it go? It says drops to the ground, but that doesn't really mean a lot.

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Its great

I have the EKMW rear notch kit, w/ 2 link bars and everything. Yes, it does drop it to the ground. I dont know about lift yet though. I havent got the valves any everything run for the rear yet.

·
Sheet Metal Master
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, let me know. Did you do the whole install yourself so far? How difficult was it? What was involved? And where did you get the kit and what did it cost?

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
My dad and I have done the whole project so far. Let me just say this, If you cant weld, dont even bother. It invloves a lot of cutting, grinding, and welding. I got mine from Godfather customs, and I think it cost me $600. Its not extremely difficult, but its hard. So far, the only thing I dont like is how close the bags are to the tires. Maybe 1 inch away when the bags are deflated. But thats with stock wheels and tires.. Well, i hope I didnt confuse you too bad.

·
Sheet Metal Master
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you get it done, let me know how much travel you have from when they are fully deflated to when they are fully aired. Sounds good so far though.

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Well, with my bags (airlift 2b6). It takes my with in 1/2 inch of the ground with stock wheels and tires. Once I get my 18's it will deifnetly drag. And it lifts maybe with in 2 inches of stock. I think that might just be my bags though, they are kinda small.

·
Registered
821 Posts
when i get bags i am planning on the ekmw step notch kit. i have a question for you though... can you hit sides with that setup. i wouldn't think so because of the panhard bar. but can you put a couple 4 link bars on instead of the panhard bar?

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
No, you cant, the panhard bar restrics the rear end a lot. Thats one thing I dont like about it. I got 4-path bags, and I cant so side-to-side really good. I plan on gettin a good 4 link eventually. (When money allows)

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
extensive

Hey jollygreenmini, do you have any pics? I am thinking of getting this kit also, but I dont know if getting a regular 4-link would be better. I appreciate it.:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts