S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm having a huge issue trying to locate mag lug nuts for my American racing wheels. The stock studs are to short for the rims the. So I was thinking mag lugs will work well I found one and I can not find anymore anywhere. So instead I thought that I can put extended studs and use normal lugs. Considering the rim is set up for both types of lug nuts. Any advice on where I can find either mag lug nuts or even extended studs instead or if that's just not a good idea. Any input would help.

Also. I'm having another problem with my light bar it's fully lit but so dim. when I wire it straight to the battery it's brighter then the sun. Wire it Through the relay it's like a flash light on low with one triple a lol. Im using silver military grade wire. My switch is a 20amp my relay 40 amps it's a 52 inch curved light bar unknown brand. I have a brand new battery as well. I've followed all wires to see if it's a bad connection. Bad ground. Anything and it's set up better then I thought I could do. But still my old head lights are brighter.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You're probably better off getting new studs if the wheels require a conical seat lug nut, the mag lugs will probably loosen as you drive. If they don't and the wheels take a mag lug nut, dorman typically mag lug nuts available you can probably find them in packs of four at a chain auto parts. As for the light bar did you try another relay? I'd check to see how many volts its getting off the relay vs when it's wired to the battery.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're probably better off getting new studs if the wheels require a conical seat lug nut, the mag lugs will probably loosen as you drive. If they don't and the wheels take a mag lug nut, dorman typically mag lug nuts available you can probably find them in packs of four at a chain auto parts. As for the light bar did you try another relay? I'd check to see how many volts its getting off the relay vs when it's wired to the battery.
Good to note on the extended lugs definitely going to do then. Thank you. And hmmm I haven't yet but I will now thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts