S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sound (if any) does your clutch make when it's about to retire? I have a really screeching noise coming from my engine when I start my truck in the morning. It only happens when I depress the clutch and it only happens in the morning (around 0600). If it's later than 0900 it won't make the noise. Can anyone tell me what the deal is here? Thanks in advance! Oh, btw...I've got a 99 S-10 ext cab with a 2.2L manual.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the noise only happens right when I start to push in the clutch. It doesn't continue, it just happens right at the beginning. This truck has 135k on in with the original clutch.

·
Can I get a hot tub?
2,676 Posts
sounds like maybe the bushing/bearing. if it's original it's probably really worn. if you have the time and money, i say replace it so you just have a new clutch. can't really hurt, but on the flip side, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

edit - if the clutch is going, it will start to chatter. like when you take off out of first, it will slip and chatter. used to do it in my old jeep. had to go and replace the clutch. wasn't bad since it didn't need to jack it up. just dropped the tranny and sat under it. i actually fit my head through the shifter hole. there's a pic floating around somewhere.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is a grease point(s) on the fork that will cause that problem. It will get worse, but thats how it starts. It simply needs grease in the proper place. Search the web on how to grease the fork i cant remeber, but I had it and fixed it one time. Its a regular maintainance thing.
Nothing real involved about it. the clutch does not come out or anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts