S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I don't think there is but there should be, the problem is the many types of motor mounts, engine locations, transmission types, etc.

Back in the '80's me and a friend built a V-8 pinto, he mixed and matched mounts, needless to say the $450+ three piece hooker headers didn't fit right.

Someone should make one, I bought a heart throb exhaust from jc whitney for my '75 nova, some parts were made long for trimming, but it went in with no problems.
Maybe the manufacturers are just afraid of the many variables in the V-8 S-10's.

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. Thanks no one else wanted to field this one and ya stepped right up I like it.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
there are some swap specific headders out there I know heddman makes some and i think sanderson and a few others the rest is just making pipes and mufflers

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hooker, Hedman, and Sanderson all make V-8 ocnversion headers. The motor mounts you can get from Advance Adapters or JTR. For the money, you might as well get a custom exhaust system made. It'll probably be right around the same money.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think he's talking about a complete exhaust system. It would be nice to bolt something right up without the hassle of running open headers or towing the truck to an exhaust shop.
I also bought a jc whitney exhaust kit for a '73 to '87 full size, it fit right on the '78 I had. It just so nice to bolt it up yourself and be done with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts