S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Just put a turndown pipe on it. An exhaust tip is mostly for show. What good is it if it's under the truck? You want something to direct the exhaust flow away from the vehicle anyways.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
He answered your question though, it does nothing for you there.

/douche

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
It's gonna be loud with the muffler ending under the vehicle anyways. A large opening tip will amplify it some but again, why? It's retarded to put an exhaust tip under a vehicle. What are you trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Tips actually act as echo chambers and make the tone deeper. A lot of people take tips and put on end of their exhaust when dumper. Try it without and try it with and you will see the difference in tone it makes

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Only tips that are oval or rectangular in shape and larger than the exhaust piping will even have a minimal effect. If you're using a regular round tip it's not gonna do anything different than a turndown would.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have a flowmaster 40 series single in and duel outlets i have to 3.5"-18" echo tips welded to my muffler as dumps that was just because i had the tips and liked the way they looked inside the wheel well... they did make a quite a bit of difference than the 2" turndowns i had but i dont know if i would have paid to have them instead of regular turndowns. but i do really like mine

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cut off my turndown and put a tip on and it made a huge difference. alot deeper tone and louder. thanks to the people that actually answered my question

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
If you did it then why the hell ask and get all mad when I posted a reply? What kind of tip?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Ya it will sound annoying with little to no tone, go for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts