S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new catalytic converter cuz mines busted, so Whats better, a single inlet and outlet catalytic converter, or a single inlet and a dual outlet catalytic converter, right now i have a y-pipe that splits after the catalytic converter, so would it be better to just get a dual outlet catalytic converter and start the split there, or should i get the single outlet cat bolt it to the y-pipe, which method is better and would give more power?
here's a sketch of what the hell i am talking about

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I would probably go w/ the dual out cat... just because the cat would already be manufactured for the split instead of having two restrictions, and I would think the dual cat would be a less restrictive than a restrictive cat then restrictions of a split.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Since you have a 4cyl you would probably get more torque out of running just a single pipe all the way back. At least thats what test have shown when running inline engines.
If you want dual exhaust go with the dual out cat.:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
dual outlet would be pointless... get a single in single out catgo high flow cat and you will be good... the dual would not help you at all...

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
The dual inlet CAT is a great way to go if your having a custom bigger Y-pipe made at a muffler shop. With a setup like that you can get the motor exhaust to really flow, and it will help the motor mods out alot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts