S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to get a exhaust system.. I have a 2000 chevy s10 4 banger...I called meinike to get a estimate and they told me 240 plus tax for a flowmaster 40 series with a turndown and they told me they dont know what kind of pipeing they would use.. They also told me that flowmasters dont go straight in and straight out and I should get offset center? whats that? Is the price accurate and has anyone else went through meinike?

·
Primed And Ready
345 Posts
yah i'am working on pricing out a exhaust for my balze i'am gonna run a single in and dual out flowmaster wiht duals out the back, your price sounds kinda high though just for turndowns? the flowmaster is included in that price right?

·
Devil Boy
147 Posts
Sounds like a good price. All together I paid $460, included flowmaster, piping, two tips, labor. I didn't go through meinke, but through a local muffler shop, so maybe I paid a little more than normal, but these guys are the best around.

Maybe he meant that the exhaust inlet is off-center, which is the way flowmaster exhausts come (I guess that's what he was talking about). Mine is like that too.

·
P.O.S-Truck Customs
273 Posts
That price sounds quite high to me. I had the muffler shop replace my flange, put a flo-pro muffler on and ran it out the pass. side by the rear wheel and capped it off w/ a stainless tip.

It came with hangers and was all welded and only ran me about $160 (labor included).

-truckin2.2-

·
white guy from lodi
32 Posts
that price sound,s right i got 2 chamber flows out the back with a tip for $200 otd

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got my flowmaster installed for 100.00. If I was you i would try to find a like mom and pap shop with a good rep. they ussually don't charge as much and do a better job. Plus the stock exhaust is great already, 21/2" piping is good for 220 hp. All you need is a higher flowing muffler.

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
Purchased my DynoMax Super Turbo and got it installed with a turn down for $95
(muffler was $45,install with turn down and hanger was $50)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts