S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Well I want to put a performance exhaust system on my truck...its need exhaust work anyhow. I was thinking with going the Flowmaster Cat back system (the one with 50 series muffler) but I stopped by an exhaust shop and was talking the the guy about it. He would not recommend the Flowmaster (said it will make it sound like a radical bumblebee). He insteed recommends running Flo-pro muffler. Doing a 2.5 inlet with 2, 2.25 inche outlets. He said he has done numerous s-10s this way and highly recommends this.

What do you guys recommend?

I do NOT want my truck sounding anything close to what those ricers sound like. It can be a little louder only if it has a deeper throating sound...like the beautiful v8 sound :)

I like the idea of dual outlets...think it would look pretty sweet....but I just want some other opinions on this.

Thank You,
Scott

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I want to know what the moron you talked to was smoking. The flow does NOT sound like a bumble bee in any way. I have a 40 series delta-flow, 2.5" in with dual 2.25" out. IMHO its the best there is. Most here will agree with me. Even the 4 banger guys sound decent with them.

Dont let one guy sway your decision. Check out the rest who post here.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
Well that is why I am asking you guys - the experts on s-10s :)

Would you say dual 2.25 is the way to go or a single 2.5? Which will give you better performance and better gas mileage increase?

Also I want to hear from more people and how they like their flowmasters. I would most likely go with the 50 series...I have heard they are the litle bit quieter version. I do not want it loud but would like a nice but quieter rumble.

Scott

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Is there anywhere on the internet that people know of that I could download a sound file of a 40 series or a 50 series?

I am still leaning towards the 50 series though because I do not want it very loud but would not mind hearing a 40 either.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts