S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a question i have a 2001 s10 with a 4.3 i also have a parts truck thats a 2002 s10 4d blazer now the blazer says vortech on the valve cover an my truck does not so i know that means the heads r different ,correct? But my problem is i busted bolts taking my y pipe off my truck an rather then drill the ones from my truck i pulled the exhaust manifolds off the blazer then realized tjey are different the blazer manifold is missing 3 different mounting spots for some sort of hose an some other things idk what they are not doing the head work on my truck so didnt take it apart i have pics of whats missing
Capture+_2020-03-25-18-35-38.png
Capture+_2020-03-25-18-36-15.png

·
time to get cereal
2,607 Posts
One is equipped with air injection and one isn't. You'll need yours to match.

·
time to get cereal
2,607 Posts
I'm not an auto repair encyclopedia, google is your friend. Sure you can eliminate it, but get used to your check engine light being on all of the time.

·
Hardhead
867 Posts
Why can't you drill out the broken studs and chase the threads with a tap? It would be a lot cheaper than getting replacement manifolds. If you don't know how to do it there should be info on the net on how to do it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your local independent muffler shop is used to dealing with broken studs. See if they will remove the broken studs for a $20 bill. At least they don't have to pull the manifolds off the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts