S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Magnaflow cat and 14" Magnaflow muffler! I love the sound on my Jimmy. 20 MPG at 75!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Magnaflow cat and 14" Magnaflow muffler! I love the sound on my Jimmy. 20 MPG at 75!
i second that, anything magnaflow sounds really good, but also youtube is your best bet. you may like the way the flowmasters sound on these trucks, its your truck man, get what you want for it

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thunderbolt hi flow cat w/ o2 bung & a thrush welded muffler with 2.5" pipe sounds pretty badass!

·
2000 noma highrider
516 Posts
best 4.3 i have ever heard was my dads 01 xtreme with stock cat with muffler delete. All stock 2.5" piping to stock tip, its nice and mellow and not raspy like a flowjunker:D

·
Harrison Edwards
13 Posts
Flowmaster Super 50 Delta flow series is pretty beast.. I just bought the muffler and cat, going to install it in a week or so

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Might look into a maggie hi flow cat into a 3"pipe into a Flowtech Afterburner
muff with the tail pipe exiting right before the bumper
with a 3' turndown.

I know many have said "sounds like a v-8" with theirs, but I don't know how many
people ask me what am I running in my old truck..Sure at higher rpm's
it sounds like a 6, but at rpm's up to 2200/2500, I always have people looking
at my old ride, WTF ?

I also run JBA's and an enlarged y-pipe. That may have something to do
with it, I don't know.

Just my 0.02.

·
2000 noma highrider
516 Posts
ill porlly get flamed for my trks exhaust....but heres mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJmCGQkrPns

gutted cat to SLP LM1 bullet and to stock tip.....

i LOVE to get another cat converter......i gutted mine due to clogged:(

·
Harrison Edwards
13 Posts
Damn sorry I forgot about this thread!!! lol, but yeah. I got the flowmaster super 50 delta flow muffler, and it sounds sick, I love it. I cant wait to cam out my truck now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
do you know if i can find a good one in a scrapeyard and if one come from a specific car can be better....?(sorry for my english i'm a ****ing french :p)

·
SSRT-S10
1,136 Posts
I am also in the search for an exhaust setup. I want it to go dual with cat(s) then "Y" together to rear then split aprt to go into the side of muffler. Then I want it to come out the rear like a lotus,ferrari, or vette type exhaust. (Dual tips comming out from center rear of truck..., I will make a custom rollpan around it...)

ANy Ideas ??

Thanks Allen

P.S. Ideas/Mods to this idea/design is welcome. Plz.., I need input. I want this 4.3 to sound like a lambo,vette, or forien car...

P.P.S. Even if needed.., I can build a custom muffler similar to the magnaflow/ flowmaster to achieve this exhast outlet...

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
wasnt planning on doing a whole combo setup but i do plan to throw a flowmaster super 44 muffler on my 4.3 i think they sound nice
<< i like it

·
The Vehicle Dynamics Bro.
4,694 Posts
spintech..

·
Boozebag
9,954 Posts
Jeg's has a 3" cat back kit that sounds good and is way inexpensive ($135 all pipes and muff IIRC) It fits really nicely, stock hanger position and look. It has a BIG muff, but it is not quiet. It also doesn't resonate in the cab. I have 3 dimes with this system. I wish I had a vid, but I don't. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts