S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a mechanic and still get along with my ex so she takes all her car problems to me:):rolleyes:. A couple days ago she went out and car shopping and bought a lifted 03 s10 "it looked really cool" She brought the truck to me tonight at first glance. "Oh looks nice, flared fenders, nice tires." I get in it and go for a ride.......HOLY F*** this thing is terrible. First thing there is NO travel in the suspension like NO travel. Feels like the ball joints are toast, possible control arm busing problem and has really bad steering(memory steer, poor return to center, sticky steer and binding) I'm having her bring the truck into the shop tomorrow so i can look under this thing. My question here is what type of poor lifts are kids putting on these trucks, what damage could it have already sustained and whats the best/cheapest lift option for these trucks(i wasn't finding many options out there)? Thanks for any help

I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I get under there

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
We need picks or some specs to tell you what they did or what needs to be fixed. Sounds like it may have lift coils, which ride like shit without a long arm kit. And there's no "cheap" way to lift these trucks. The cheapest would be about $500, which will get you about 5" of lift up front (coils and spindles) and 3-5" of lift in the rear (shackles & AAL or SOA). But you may already have some of the parts needed. The truck could be anything from online parts to custom hacked shit.

Edit: I figured this had to be a California truck, not too many prerunners elsewhere. Also a lot of "custom" fab'd parts around in that area. So only with pics can we tell you what they did.

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
I will have to say that it's 3" lift coil, best solution is to remove that and get 5664 or 2" lift coil for now and replace steering linkage, balljoints(Extreme Duty or Moog). This way it'll be much better and safer as well as getting your travel back.

·
Kurrupted Kreations
3,837 Posts
pics of said ex gf ?:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
That works too. :haha:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts