S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got out of school today and drove my truck around and my drivers side speaker began to make some weird noises. I could barely hear it but I thought I was getting some interferance... Then the speaker got real loud with ground noise. I mean I couldnt hear the song.... I turned the music down and the ground noise level stayed the same. I turned my cd player off and it shut off a second after the cd player turned off. With the cd player off it still makes a little ground noise... When I turn the cd player back on the ground noise comes back instantly. Doesnt even wait for the song to play. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm having similar problems.......when I step on the gas, the noise will get louder in the speakers. Let me know when you figure out what it is.
Thanks

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I know it has to do something with the ground... You can get noise filters and all but this happened so abrupt that a noise filter may not fix this because I cant hear any music out of this speaker, just noise... Its real loud

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Trancer said:
Ok I got out of school today and drove my truck around and my drivers side speaker began to make some weird noises. I could barely hear it but I thought I was getting some interferance... Then the speaker got real loud with ground noise. I mean I couldnt hear the song.... I turned the music down and the ground noise level stayed the same. I turned my cd player off and it shut off a second after the cd player turned off. With the cd player off it still makes a little ground noise... When I turn the cd player back on the ground noise comes back instantly. Doesnt even wait for the song to play. Whats the deal?
Since it's only out one speaker I am going to go out on a limb and say that channel on your deck's internal amp is screwed. If it were a ground wire problem it would affect all the speakers. If it's just one channel then that channel of the amp is toast.

Dragon said:
I'm having similar problems.......when I step on the gas, the noise will get louder in the speakers. Let me know when you figure out what it is.
Thanks
Your problem sounds like a bad ground or ground loop. Are the speakers running off an amp or head unit? How is the power source (amp or head unti) grounded? How long is the ground?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The speaker are running of an amp.......which is grounded well to the chassis. However, I have been playing with the head-unit and when I unplug the "red" RCA for my subwoofer amp the noise is gone.
But you are probably right that it is a ground problem, my ground is under my back seats (its a blazer) which I had taken out and then reinstalled........
But any idea why the noise goes away when i unplug the other amp's rca?

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
How are your RCA's run? Are they seperate, or do you have them Y'ed off one output on the deck to both amps? If they are Y'ed then it's possible that you are creating a ground loop between the two. One possible solution would be to ground both amps in the same location.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I was thinking earlier about my CD Player being screwed up... Thats what im hoping because its a Pioneer Premier DEH-740MP so its covered by a warrantee. That and I also bought it from Ultimate Electronics so Im gonna have a friend come over and we are gonna pull our cd players out and swap them to see if thats the case because he has a Premier deck aswell

·
Registered
78 Posts
they are seperate..........I'm runnnig the speaker amp of my "front output".........and the sub amp has a "non-fader" output, specially for subwoofer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts