S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all i recently went and had a Y pipe made for my 4.3 in my 88 s-10 i just converted from a 2.8 and the y pipe they made just dont look right to me
instead of going down under the motor and actually Ying together
it goes down and under then straight up in to the other pipe in like a T instead of a Y heading back like my old pipe i dont seem to have the acceleration when at higher rpm's and i seem to get a lil hot althou my gauge not reflecting the heat part can anyone tell me if the fact it is a T instead of Ying together could cose my low power as im thinking the back preasure on the right side is restrickting my motor
also can anyone tell me what white smoke is from on aceleration and even when i shut it off i seem to get like a smoke like somthing burning off in the exhaust
im thinking somthing with the exhaust messed my motor up as it did not smoke before i had the new y pipe put on

thx

Tazman

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Yes. Go back and tell em you want a y-pipe like this..That will
solve your problem. Have it made up in either 2" or 2.25" >

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cost me 100$ for the T suposidid Y pipe and the rest of the system cost me 371$
i thought it looked kinda like shit considering im in the system thrue the same muffler shop for 471$ now

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this muffler shop has really pissed me off
my y pipe not only a T instead of a Y but it is 3 peices as well
peice going down the driver side to the middle of my trans then a piece going from middle of trans straight up in to the pipe he has runing down on the drivers side hard to explain but the presure to me seems it would push up on the pass side and in turn make the pass side work even harder to get the exhaust down and out
dam truck is now blowing oil thou so it kinda got put on hold cant even really drive it now cause it fouling out plugs bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts