S-10 Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
It's our year!
15,344 Posts
Was doing about 80 keeping up with a Civic. She looked over and hit the gas and left me behind. Poor Sonoma never stood a chance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jaja.. i didnt neccesarily get owned by it but it beat me.i kept up!/ i raced a buddies all stock 5.3 v8 silverado with my 4.3 v6 w/ a flowmaster and fresh wires,plugs,and oil.. i beat him for a few seconds and he just passed me up like NOTHING.. i can beat him in a short run but when it comes to a runlong he will beat me.. i also raced a impala.. i believe it was like a 64 w/ a v8 but had big 24 inch rims,, so as u probably know the 24s slowed him down and i beat him in a long run.. :)

·
needs more offset
16 Posts
yeah, a couple times in the 2.2, everybody assumes that because its loud its fast... they are dead wrong. usually when that happens i go home and get my 240. The steelies fool them every time, pay no attention to the ecsta's. or the s372 at 22psi.:haha:

·
F.ound O.n R.oad D.ead
451 Posts
I revved my 88 gmc jimmy 4.3 4wd , edelbrock proflo intake, straightpipes.
under a bridge so a guy in an 08 scion tc took it as a race challenge..at the redlight he takes off stuck to the road(damn fwds) i was late but i took off with a little spin(31.50s) and surprisingly screamed past him at 20 and kept pulling. but that night a very new honda accord with a fart can pulled up beside me, and i feathered it at the light not wanting to seem like i was showing off or trying to race and he TOOK OFF i floored it but it was too late he left me damn variable timing

·
Token Ranger Guy
2,028 Posts
Hell no, I always take off from the stop light, and win..basically because the person next to me doesn't know I'm racing them :haha:

·
Registered
732 Posts
in my blazer (75 shot 2wd, intake, tb spacer, pullies) and i pulled up next to a grandma in a WS6 T/A....... it had exhaust and i thought this was to good to be true on top of the fact that it was manual.... (she had to be 60+ years old...) so purge it to get her attention and she revs to my surprise- I KNOW i cant take a ws6 but i thought "she's gonna miss second anyways...." well light turns green and that bitch is GONE!!!!!!! i felt so f'n stupid but hey i lost to a fast car, and to the most badass grandma ever...
You gotta watch out for those older people. They may seem old and innocent but when your not ready for it, they do something completely off the way. And if they drive a fast manual, they probably really know how to drive it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
win some, lose some but thats in my drag car on the strip

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Jaja.. i didnt neccesarily get owned by it but it beat me.i kept up!/ i raced a buddies all stock 5.3 v8 silverado with my 4.3 v6 w/ a flowmaster and fresh wires,plugs,and oil.. i beat him for a few seconds and he just passed me up like NOTHING.. i can beat him in a short run but when it comes to a runlong he will beat me.. i also raced a impala.. i believe it was like a 64 w/ a v8 but had big 24 inch rims,, so as u probably know the 24s slowed him down and i beat him in a long run.. :)
I bet id kill ya with 24's lol.

·
Team Xtreme!
142 Posts
Thread Revival!

Some guys came up to a spot a couple of my car friends were meeting up at earlier tonight, and started revving and talking trash as they left. There was a 2011 Camaro SS, a newer Charger SRT8 and some Challenger that was with them.

Keep in mind, our group is a TT Supra, A Turbo Grand Prix GTP, a WRX STi, RB25 swapped 240sx, Mustang Termi, etc. I was prob the 2nd slowest of the bunch.

Lets just say, someone with a brand new Camaro SS is crying because a 10 year old, fwd, Pontiac Grand Prix pulled 3 lengths on his car.

Pic of said Grand Prix. Kinda sleeperish except for the FMIC and GIANT front tires.

The guy figured it's a GTP. Stock supercharger, 7psi. MAYBE a pulley to 10.

Fully built 3.8 with a 67mm turbo on 18psi. 430fwhp.

Brake boosted from a 30 roll and took said Camaro SS by 2 lengths.
I was in the supra(BPU, 18psi, 410ish to the tires), and same thing happened to said Charger SRT8.

They didn't follow us back into the meet spot.

·
An ol Scott
835 Posts
This is embarrassing but....I stood mine on it's nose in a ditch do to a sheet of water coming across the road at a blind corner.

I love to take day drives through the area I live in. I was a few miles out of town and stopped to gas up and check fluids at a small town station. There was a full size Chevy Pickup sitting near by and the driver noticed I had a V8 in it and in his jealousy he decided he'd show me for my upityness. This is the South mind you.

He charged up to my back bumper and started tail gating me and acting like he was going to bump draft me. I got fed up with this and slowly started going faster. I decided to use an old racing trick by dragging him deeper into a corner till he couldn't make it. Nice of me, huh? Anyway. I lost it and punched it into a shallow ditch standing it on it's nose causing me much embarrisment, money and latter on led to me needing a operation.

A home owner came running out to see if I was OK. He told me he saw a white fullsize pickup drive by with the driver laughing and giving me the finger.

·
LSxtremin FoLyfe
2000 s10 SCSB
1,434 Posts
Hell no, I always take off from the stop light, and win..basically because the person next to me doesn't know I'm racing them :haha:
hahaha best thing ever

·
Registered
6 Posts
not racin yet lol gotta find strip but i got a 88 2.8 v6 auto with atermarket intake i got yesterday sounds so much better more tork power spin tires anywere now not good lol

·
2.2 Extremist
4,307 Posts
........... right,

anyway, yeah, got owned a few times of course, 2.2 but, keeps up with traffic which is all I need at the moment,

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Last night I was leaving work and picked up my gf. We were driving down main street and there is light after light after light. Well, I see a 96 s10 roll up next to me and get a comment on my truck (even though mine still needs a lot of work). Asked the guy if he had an auto or 5 speed and he told me I should find out. Race went from light to light and I asked him if he had the 4.3 or the 2.2, me with a 2.2. He told me he had the 4.3 and I laughed as I drove away cuz I had him every time by 2-3 car lenghts

1,021 Posts
Sorry for bumping this old thread but I always get my ass kicked when I race in my 4.3 haha. My problem is that I pick races with stupid fast cars just to watch them and see what their car can do haha. Like I've raced a few gtr's a Ferrari 458, camaro zl1, you name it.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts