S-10 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
My best owned moment was when i had my 88Z24 2.8 5speed....i was racing a late 80s conquest......i beat him by 5 cars or so.....he then told me his turbo wasnt workin...i was like yea ok whateva....(at that time i didnt know they were boosted)....the next weekend i saw him sittin under the ova pass wait for anyone to race so i was cocky and told him ill waste my time and let you flush that toilet again......needless to say he had his turbo fix and i didnt have a snowballs chance in hell of keepin up with him.....i didnt hear his turbo spooling cuz i was to busy being cocky blastin my music and laughin with my buddy.....i look like such a fool that night.....LMAO

·
where's my chippy?
8,076 Posts
nope never really tried racing when i had my truck, o wait thats right it was a god damn economy truck with a 4cyl

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
haha,

"I never saw that corvette again"

·
ɔıɹɔ&
1,085 Posts
having a 3.08 rear gear sucks royaly in my 97 4.3 with fullsize 5 speed.
However having different first and second gears is crazy.
I start to spin first at 3500 unless its 80+ degrees out
Will spin going into second third and will chirp fourth short shifted. as third takes me up to limiter.

It's pretty fun and suprisingly fast.
sucks from a roll through, unless in first or second gear.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Old thread but...

sorta got beat by a Porsche Cayanne Turbo in the TBSS last night. He only gunned it real quick and I hit mine as soon as possible but he pulled pretty quick from me.

·
Need another ZR2!
1,447 Posts
I've got a 4.3 ZR2 that I love to tick people off with. So one day I pulled up to a red light beside a twin turbo supra. Genius me! He had the tops off and no front bumper to show off his brand new intercooler and turbo pipes. The two guys in the car were jamming out to some devil music so as soon as the light turned green I roasted the tires and beat him to the next light. He just looked over at me and I waved and he was cool about it since I told him it was a nice car. At that light I told him to cut it loose and he did. When I saw him again he was already done getting gas at the next gas station!! haha

·
Ehhh!
2,285 Posts
I have a mild build v8 s10. I pulled up to a light a couple weeks ago and a new challenger pulled up next to me. The guy slapped his hand at the top of his steering wheel and did some F&F look over at me. I didn't know exactly what would happen (truck has only been together for a short time). At first, I didn't think he would do anything. When the light hit green, I heard his tires rip. I quickly dumped mine into 1st and launched. I pulled about 3 cars on him when my fuel lines ran dry and started to bog out. Turned in to the next available spot to get fuel pressure back up (brand new pump that is a piece of sh!t and getting sent back) and the charger pulled in next to me. He was asking what the hell I have in it, and I then find out his has a 6cyl.:doh:

·
Out dubbin' bbl
1,089 Posts
everything owns my s10 in a race.

·
Registered
257 Posts
LOL at some people in this thread...."my 2.2 is pretty fast".....

anyways.....my 02 sonoma has the 4.3, auto, and only mods are tune, flows, throttle blade mod, and intake. And its still slow as shit. Only runs mid 15's in the 1/4....

But I do have another car in my garage....

03 Cobra with a 5.0 stroker, ported stock eaton blower with 16lbs of boost, and a few other mods. 552/525 on the dyno at the wheels.....and this one runs 10's in the 1/4, so no wonder I think my truck is slow....

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
that cobra makes my penis hard :haha:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any Diesel lovers out there,

Nothing like pulling up beside a nice car in a F 350, you have to be on the left of em of course, then spanking them off a light, with a hot setup on a turbo diesel, the black smoke plume blasting out in front of them is awesome

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I just had a Cummings experience a few weeks back. I was waiting at a red light. It goes from two lanes to one right after the intersection. Everyone always races to get ahead of the other person there. This lifted Dodge with a Cummins sticker on the back pulls up beside me in the lane that is ending. I thought this won't end very well. 2.8 4 speed manual trans in my s-10. I figured I am gonna loose anyway I might as well see what happens just to see how I do. I was pretty sure he was gonna rip it at the light and he did. He actually took off right before the green light like he thought I had a chance of beating him. Hell he could have gave me a head start. I purposely didn't get too hard on it from the get go. I figured theres no use in beating up my old truck when I know I am gonna lose. Once I got going I punched it but he was already 4 cars lengths ahead. He eventually turned off and was in the process of turning when I performed my ricer fly by with train horns for added effect.

·
Registered
451 Posts
day before i got rid of my 2.2 5 speed some 1st gen sonamo pulled up to me huge hick form my school and he reved it up and its got a v6 5 speed and little turn green and he dropped the clutch and i let off slow and stil beat him by a car length...idoit cant drive lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just had a Cummings experience a few weeks back. I was waiting at a red light. It goes from two lanes to one right after the intersection. Everyone always races to get ahead of the other person there. This lifted Dodge with a Cummins sticker on the back pulls up beside me in the lane that is ending. I thought this won't end very well. 2.8 4 speed manual trans in my s-10. I figured I am gonna loose anyway I might as well see what happens just to see how I do. I was pretty sure he was gonna rip it at the light and he did. He actually took off right before the green light like he thought I had a chance of beating him. Hell he could have gave me a head start. I purposely didn't get too hard on it from the get go. I figured theres no use in beating up my old truck when I know I am gonna lose. Once I got going I punched it but he was already 4 cars lengths ahead. He eventually turned off and was in the process of turning when I performed my ricer fly by with train horns for added effect.
did this cummins happen to be white with indiana plates?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I got owned from a red light once by a lime green Civic. Later found out it had a built motor, 66mm turbo, and alky injection. He got me by about 4 lengths and I started in 2nd with an auto so it bogged a little. Happened right in front of my high school with most of my friends watching. Havnt lost a race since though...... although i only race people that i actually fell i will destroy. lol

·
minimum wagn' it to glory
532 Posts
i got up next to s silverado, debadged, and dropped a bit, i was like oh man, srock rims...2WD, i think he's a v-6 also...i wigh less, i can take him....**** THAT! never race somebody you pull up next to with the stereo blaring, that debadged 454 humps it just a little harder than my 4.3, but i've smashed my fair share of turbo civics and CRX's.

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,149 Posts
i used to drive a 1991 2.8 5 spd ext. cab, i got my ass handed to me alot. but I also had a few surprising wins. I didn't think my truck was faster than a CRX with a body kit and a wing.......guess all that crap created more drag lol.....and i bet a corolla.........but those aren't the surprising ones lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
About a week ago i raced my friend in his dads 98 chevy pickup with his 350. I was confused as hell when my v6 blazer kept up with him. i spun and let him get ahead (damp road and shitty tires), but after that he never pulled away. just stayed a car length ahead.

·
Registered
89 Posts
lol i raced my girlfriends 92 ford explorer in my v6 i won :D lol. my first week of driving i got up to 90n started kinda losin control but by then she was way back there, lol. then she got a 97 civic an i was followin her to the store an we were hoppin on the freeway so she gas'd it and i gas'd it behind her.. and man she smoked me in that lil civic my truck just hesitated, lol.. it was fun though an i was pretty mad at my truck cause she has a 4banger n i got a v6...

lol been fun reading all your storys though

81 - 100 of 117 Posts