S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what sort of things have happened to you guys when racing someone at a light.

Well, a couple weeks ago, i was driving my fullsize (89' Chev 1500) and this civic flew past me, so at the next light, i pulled up beside him, and he started reving his motor up, so i started a nice smokey for him. Well, the light turned green and i took off, i hit 2nd and it felt really wierd, then went to hit 3rd, and nothin! My shifter was loose and i couldnt get a gear! So the civic took off and i was at the side of the road:( . Just though i'd share.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One time in my Grand Am I raced an old Eclipse. I figured it was probably a turbo but the thing was in such shitty shape I figured I could get him. Well, needless to say I got owned and then he owned my friend in his Grand Prix GTP.

The other day I raced my friends modded GTP (same guy from story above) in my 2.2 w/5-speed. His mods are smaller supercharger pully, chip, intake, exhaust work, and a BROKEN SUPERCHARGER BELT. He said with it broken that it was the slowest thing he had drive. Well lets just say that up to 60 my 2.2 is about 3 car lengths slower and he was still pulling.

My final story was way back when I first got into cars. My first car was a 1990 Grand Prix SE and I had a friend who was driving his dad's 1994 (I think that was the year) Silverado 2WD with the 350 Vortec. Well I knew my Grand Prix wasn't fast and I figured it was a truck so we raced. I learned first hand that 350 Vortec = Fast! That truck also beat a 2000 Grand Prix GT and barely lost to whatever year Mustang it was that had the last 5.0. I think a 94 or 95. When I first got my Grand Am he tied me but then I learned how to launched and beat him pretty good.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i get owned all the time

but funny thing is i dont get tired of it

(2.2)

·
Registered
63 Posts
CubanSDime said:
i get owned all the time

but funny thing is i dont get tired of it

(2.2)
It is funny how it never gets old isn't it, i never had a problem with losing, I just race for fun. On the other hand, my 98 4.3L 5sp got pwned by a FD RX7.....I thought it was a n/a and decided to race him. First, my mods are flowmaster exhaust, custom y-pipe, backyard k&n intake, hypertech tuning, 4.10 gears, and slightly smaller tires.....lol. He apparently had a single turbo, and a dyno sheet of around 280rwhp, and he said he had it set for low boost when we raced. OK, the light changed and we take off, I have a slight lead on him....and then I hear a f*cking turbo start spooling.....I just think to myself....sh*t, I don't have the nitro bottle in here! But anyways, to make a long story short, I stayed a few car lengths back until about 70 then I let off to keep from bottoming out on the on ramp to eichoff road. Pretty much learned not to mess around with turbo rotarys....I doubt I would have gotten him even with the bottle:(. Also, I pwned some guy in a 99-00 v6 5sp mustang......with my sister's 01 focus at.....lol, they tossed a cup at the car and 911's dispatch told me to pursue until law enforcement picked them up. They shut down at 110, for some reason the focus pused it's way past 115....lol.
Andrew

·
I want one \/
3,300 Posts
i love acting like im gonna race all the ricers and then just sittin there and watching them race off. its the best when they burn up tires, break stuff, get a ticket, and im just rollin purdy

·
HARÍA PIS EN SU EXTREMO
6,543 Posts
s10n20s said:
i love acting like im gonna race all the ricers and then just sittin there and watching them race off. its the best when they burn up tires, break stuff, get a ticket, and im just rollin purdy

i'm going to do that in my truck from now on lol. Rev the engine to them and watch them tear away. Then i'll rumble by when there pulled over lol

·
I want one \/
3,300 Posts
sdimess said:
i'm going to do that in my truck from now on lol. Rev the engine to them and watch them tear away. Then i'll rumble by when there pulled over lol
with the v8 im sure ull get a lot of people wanting to race. see with me its a little diff, these little fags drive up and see a nice car or truck and instantly assume the size of my balls is calculated by how many races ive won.... soooo i just give em 5 grand on the 2.2 (sounds really mean with a crushed downpipe by the way) so their assholes pucker and maybe a switch or 2 (this gets em really riled up) 3,2,1 green and off they go lol.

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
I haven't had the luxury to race anyone yet....although I can't wait when they get up next to me and hear my exhaust when I rev at them....then watch them take off...haha.

·
Registered
724 Posts
99lilredsdime said:
well with a 2.2 you get owned for even thinkin about racing
Hey, i got a 2.2 ecotec in my cavalier and that is a pretty good little motor, i raced a 99 dodge v-8 with exaust and stuck neck & neck till we saw a few cops and hit the brakes, luckily, cops were talkin and not clockin

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
Some dick in a white cobalt speed past me the other week. I stood no chance.

·
hatetheblazer
537 Posts
Got smoked the other day by a '93 Integra GS-R...but the car skid the first 4 gears and sounded pretty loaded...just whipped him by 1/2 car in my 1st and 2nd gears BUT then it basically FLEW right past me...damn...
I asked the guy if I could have a peek at his engine and he had chrome headers, msd ignition, stabilizers, mod chip, iceman intake, flowmaster, pulleys, cams, you name it...
He said to me he's making 13.8 in the 1/4, which I believe him 'cause it ****ed my blazer...

Can't wait to receive my FIPK and to have some extra dough to buy my JBA headers, custom y-pipe and msd ignition and coil to kick any freaking guy in any freaking integra...

·
Get Bent
6,156 Posts
yea, missed a shift from 2-3 and went to 5.... thats no fun when your pulling on someone

1 - 20 of 117 Posts