S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so I've had the code for the evap canister up for probably a year and a half now and just been too lazy/cheap to fix it, but now I'm thinkin of selling the truck and would like to prevent that code from popping up anymore. Now, I know what causes it is the hose I ripped off of the canister attaching a tow rope off-roading, but I don't know which one. Well, at least where it goes... it's the lower of the two smaller ones. The truck is a '98 4 door Blazer, so the hoses are facing the back of the truck, and if you look at it from the hose end, it has two small hoses towards the top and one big on at the bottom. Which hose is the smaller one that sits on the bottom so that can go order the replacement parts? I started to trace it back, and it appears to be the one going to the engine compartment, but there's that lazy thing again... I lost it and figured I'd try here again. Any help?

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
um i guess i can check this for you, but htose 2 lines ur talkin about are fuel lines....if u ripped em out arent u leakin gas?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not noticeably. The line I put back on, but it leaks and throws a code, so I need to fix it. I want to sell the truck, and it would look alot better with the SES light on.

·
Show Me Dem Titties
146 Posts
:wtf: just trash the fu cking POS, splice the hoses together and take the bulb out of the SES :wtf:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like keeping the functionality of the SES light, thanks... If I could find a way to bypass it though, I would. Really, just figure out what sensor is screwing up and bypass it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
:bh:
ha ah

anyways i just looped my evap hoses together and let the vacume hose in the canister and this way i havent gotten a ses light and i deleted a defective part for 0$.

its worth a try, hook the rubber hose to the biggest plastic one and the little one is vacume. i used a 1/4 inch piece of metal pipe jammed in each tube and that was that.

a evap canister by the way is about 55$ us and 95$ canadian.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which little one? There are two on the back. I'm just gonna do a search today and look into the wiring and what not. I don't know where the sensor is located that tells the computer what's up, but if I can just fool that... I like the 0$ repair costs... :bah:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts