S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticted gas liquid gas leaking out of my evap canister and i took out my air box to find that the evap return inline that goes to the gas tank had been pinched. could this have caused my bogging problem.

also what causes an evap canister to be flooded with fuel.

thanks in advance
:monkeypee

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
its your fuel return line thats going into the canister. Where was the line pinched? it should just drain into ur tank. Check the system for blockage. I just deleted the canister altogether and looped the 2 lines together. But thats not legal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey lifted, thanks for the reply, would a loop affect gas milage? and would it be possible on 92 cpi engine with the linear egr?

and another question is the egr mod possible on a cpi engine.

thnaks

:monkeypee

·
Registered
78 Posts
Liftedbronco said:
its your fuel return line thats going into the canister. Where was the line pinched? it should just drain into ur tank. Check the system for blockage. I just deleted the canister altogether and looped the 2 lines together. But thats not legal.
Will that cause A.) a code to be thrown by the computer and B.) will that be possible on a '98? Something is wrong with my evap system (keeps throwing a code, probably related to me tearing off one of the lines muddin) and I'd like to find the cheapest way to fix it. :p

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
looping the line causes no change in mileage or anything, but it will sure throw an SES code. You need to find your problem really. All it is is your fuel return line going into the canister, then from the canister to your tank. I bet ur line from the canister to tank is frigged up. Ive heard of lines going bad on the top of the sender on the tank. Take a look at that. Sure as hell can do it on a 98. Your problem could be the vacuum line going from the sensor on the crossmember to the canister. Check that...its a thick line.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll check it out. I know there is one line that I found that's completely torn off the back of the canister (I think it's the bottom of the two smaller lines) and if I pulled off that big one, chances are it got some mud in it. Any idea how hard that is to replace and how expensive it is for the hose?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well is the line under pressure cause if not i think ill just run a complet new line from the canister to the sender cause ive been havinmg problems with the truck for a month and id really just like to get my troubles fixed cause winters here and its cold outside. i dont have a garage and my truclk stalls offen enough for me not to take my truck unless otherwise really nessary_.

hety lifted which lines would i attach together and what do i do with the vacume line? also would it work to run a new line right from the canister to the tank.

could i check my sender unit tubes by stickin a metal wire or like a pipe cleaner into to to check for blockage.

and does anybody know the exact route that the hose follows.
tank to sender to frame rail to ?

thanks in advance

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
ur a little mixed up with the sender. The sender is a vacuum sensor that is on the other side of the frame from the evap canister. I dont know the exact runs of the lines, but you loop together the 2 metal lines that come down the framerail to the canister. That will work fine but trip a code because the sender has that vacuum line that goes to the canister. I believe the fuel pressure creates a vacuum which is used to pressure test the system. So if that sensor doesnt see vac...u get a ses light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts