S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a pair of blue headlight bulbs in my 2000 xtreme and I'm sorta satisfied. They're not as blue as I thought they would be but I'm content. I put in the purple ones in my low beam and they don't look all that great either. Maybe it's because I only have the driver side in but they look like crap. They kinda look look like somebody took a crap on the bulbs and decided to spray them purple.
I have the stock headlight waffle looking headlight housing also. I'm sure if I got those euro style headlight housing it would really set them off.

I'm looking for that deep purple in my low beams as well as a deep blue in my heigh beams. Anybody know any good website to get them? Money is a issue I wanna get very good ones other than a hid kit. Any info would be appresiated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You shouldn't expect blue or purple light coming out from inexpensive bulbs. For example, I got Sylvania "Cool Blue" light bulbs for my truck and they weren't actually blue. The blue part of them aparently helps make the beam of light more white instead of yellow.

If they are white, you should be happy. If you really want blue, they make some cheapo ones out there (like APC) but be warned: they might be illegal depending on where you live.

I believe true HID lights make a bluish (or at least a pure white) beam. I can't say for sure because I haven't actually seen any up close.

·
Super Moderator
51,327 Posts
ED had to change their bulbs, because their first design was too blue, and against the law....then here in the past year or so, they went to a newer design, that is not as blue...i'm pretty pleased with my bulbs..you can't really beat it for the price..i have had my high beams in my truck for almost 3 years, and they are still really blue, and i got ED low beams for it about a year ago...and i'm pretty pleased with them...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts