S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what is envolved in changing the front end out to the escalade style? Please gimme the facts...

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i did it

i swapped mine for the envoy. it wasnt cheap though.:uhoh:
i had a custom grill made that is just like the grill on the Sportruck Specialties show truck for $300. the lights were $1500 bucks :uhoh: with every thing including the HID converter. i just bought the lamps and no converters and made hyper white HID look bulbs work in them for $428 and the beam adjusters were $100 for the set. i got a good deal on an envoy bumper ($177) and the chrome trim pieces from GM were $50. it was just bolt in and on for me cause i have a GMC sonoma. i would imagine that it would be really close to the same. PM me or post any questions or problems you have with the swap. i might be of some help.:drinkhaha

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
In adition to a new grill, I belive you will need a bumper off of a sonoma, cuz the envoy one is just a cover and the s10 and sonoma bumpers are diferent. might be wrong.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
yup

ConnecticutX said:
In adition to a new grill, I belive you will need a bumper off of a sonoma, cuz the envoy one is just a cover and the s10 and sonoma bumpers are diferent. might be wrong.
yeah, it is called an impact bar, atleast that is what the dealer said :rolleyes: . it should just bolt up to the holes left from removing you S-10 bumper.

·
Dis Member
87 Posts
PhatSS10

I can answer any specific questions you might have, I swapped out my 99 S10 front end on to a Envoy, i'm running the entire front end HID's and all.

You'll need the following parts
GMC Grille Shell (paintable or chrome)
GMC Impact bar (face bar it's the metal behind the bumper cover)Envoy Bumper brace bars
HID Resitor(ballast) Support Brackets (left and right)
Envoy Lamp Assemblys w/HID resistors (left and right) approx 750 from parts.com
Envoy Bumper Cover
Chrome strips for the Envoy cover.
Foam Bumper cover spacers (they get inserted between the bumper cover and face bar under the headlights)
Billet or Speed grilles for the GMC grille shell and envoy bumper cover.
You'll also need the Envoy Fog light or you can use aftermarket fogs, i used the pilots but i don't really like how they fit. So you may want to try and purchase the actual envoy fogs.

You'll be able to use all the existing bolts and clips from your old chevy front end for the envoy front end for the most part. It's a day long project pretty much from morning to night. But it's well worth it when you finish and it looks hella cool at night when u pass those expensive luxury cars with HIDs at night lol

I only have one bug with my swap at the current time, and that's during the day the HID's stay on with the DRL's for some reason but at night they work like they should, the DRL's turn off and it's all good. I'm still looking into that, a friend says he knows how to fix it but who knows he's busy as hell so i've just run the truck with the night lamps (HID's) turned on all the time.

Let me know if you have any questions, and if you decided to do the swap I can help you with installation questions a little.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot for all of yalls help. I really want to do the swap but im going to have to ask a friend of mine what he knows and if he can help me do it. Im really trying to get a break down so i can save up once i get a job.:mad: since no one around here wants to hire a 16 year old..anyway the truck is in the shop being painted and getting a dent taken out so as soon as it gets back ill start my saving. Thanks again! p.s. can some math wiz add up around the total cost? lata! :evilg:

·
young gun
18 Posts
there's a guy here in my hometown with an s-10 xtreme. dunno the year. but he has an escalade front end on it. i'll ask him how he did it and if i can get some photo's the next time i see him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts