S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i need for the conversion (headlights) do i need sonoma type and the hid ballasts, or do the hids come as an assymbly? to have hid's...what all do i need for the headlights....i have a 99s10
thanks

·
Its comin along
880 Posts
You need either 1998+ Sonoma lights or 1998-2001 Envoy lights. The Sonoma lights use 9005-high beam and 9006-low beam bulbs. The Envoy lights require a HID kit of some kind or another. Some people get their kits off of EBAY but I suppose you could buy the factory ballasts from GM and get em to work. You can also rig up some bulbs in the Envoy lights if you cant afford the HID. Lemme know if that answers all of your questions. :)

·
Ford Lightning Owner
5,875 Posts
If you need envoy help look for these threads
envoy step by step
envoy step by step part 2
envoy parts came today

98+ sonama lights are needed od the 98-2001 Envoy HID headligts will work. Both mount the same but the cost is different the nomas will run you around $100-250 to get a set as where the HID will run you (with HID kit) $400-$1200. I have done the HID conversion and the final cost was $1100 I bought all new parts. If you need more HID info PM me and check out my gallery for some pics.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive read the sticky...over and over. Im confused.

you can put the ballasts in sonoma headlamps?
or
you have to buy the complete hid envoy assymbly?
which is it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts