S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Statutory Ape
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a 97 s10 and i'm in the middle of doing the envoy conversion...do i need different style bulbs for these lights? i'm pretty sure i do...just dont know the bulbs...anything else i need to know, any help is appreciated
thanks

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
if u got the headlamps with the oval in the headlamp then its a hid system, and u will need the ballest and bulb, otherwise if the headlamp does not have the oval its not gonna be a "true" hid system

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
str8h8ss said:
they have the ovals...so i gotta do HID?
u dont have to bro.. u can just use the stock bulbs for the time being. the hid is something totally dif. that uses its own power supply and a bulb attached hence HID... High Intensity Discharge

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
loyalty said:
how are you guys using envoy headlights with the regular bulbs? do they just fit in the same socket?
theres more then 1 hole in the headlamps..parking/low beam/turnsignal, then u got the hid section that holds the hid bulb

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
loyalty said:
so if you plug up the HID slot, you can run regular 'noma lights?
just a lil confused.. are u talkin about the wire harness and the envoy hid headlamps? if so yeah u could use that wire harness to light the parking/turn/lowbeam on the envoy hid lamps and plug the "port" on the HID section
edit: using a 98+ headlight wire harness

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
loyalty said:
well, I've got a 97 sonoma with 98+ sonoma headlights..i didn't want to run envoy lights because i didn't want to blow so much on a true HID. But in theory, could I use the envoy headlamps, but still use my sonoma bulbs?
ok that answers my q.. in theroy yes, you could use the wireharness u have now, but the plugs may or not match up the same to the headlamps if they do then sweet, but if not thats an easy task going around, just mod. them to where they will insert, then u can use your exsisting bulbs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts