S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm interested in this too... I haven't been able to find too much information on them. I talked to the dealership and I dont know if he was feeding me false information, but as I understand it you cannot go with the envoy Headlights without running HID, about $1000 conversion from the dealership.

·
I got nothing...
398 Posts
I think the HID heads only came on the 2000 Envoy. The other years (Envoy, Jimmy, Sonoma) had the halogen version and look different. I've seen guys retro fit a halogen bulb in the HID housing but it looked ghetto and didn't get a lot of light output.

2000 Envoy
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Sonoma/Jimmy
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

-Kevin

·
Registered
626 Posts
I made brackets to hold the regular halogen bulb and it puts out tons of light. I wasn't going to pay $400 a side for the hid's. It took like 10 minutes to measure and cut brackets out of aluminum and screw them in the existing holes.

·
Low & Yellow
1,368 Posts
lilzq8 said:
I made brackets to hold the regular halogen bulb and it puts out tons of light. I wasn't going to pay $400 a side for the hid's. It took like 10 minutes to measure and cut brackets out of aluminum and screw them in the existing holes.
Yep, I did the same thing until I got the HID.

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
i would get something off a bmw or other hid model. If you guys dont already know, the ballast and ignitors on the 2000 envoy were notorious for going bad repeatedly

·
Low & Yellow
1,368 Posts
Heathd said:
i would get something off a bmw or other hid model. If you guys dont already know, the ballast and ignitors on the 2000 envoy were notorious for going bad repeatedly
That's why you buy them new so you have a one year warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts