S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an envoy bumper cover for my truck and was wanting to run the envoy factory fog lights in it. i have a wiring harness, relay, and switch from a set of 55 watt fog lights. and parts.com has the lights for $67. anyone know what light bulbs they take? and what other parts i will need to make them work? any help anyone can give me would be great. thanks.
later

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
see if they come with the mounting bolt....damn foglights have the weirdest mounting configuration i've ever seen...but the light and the mounting bolt (a spring loaded bolt looking deal that fits into the holes in the back of the foglight housing on the bumper) and you're set. I said to hell with em and got some blue foggers

Attachments

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
heres a newer pic...still waiting on that bumper billet grille, and still have to clear the orange outta those lights

Attachments

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
loyalty said:
see if they come with the mounting bolt....damn foglights have the weirdest mounting configuration i've ever seen...but the light and the mounting bolt (a spring loaded bolt looking deal that fits into the holes in the back of the foglight housing on the bumper) and you're set. I said to hell with em and got some blue foggers
do you still have the envoy fog lights? if so ill buy them off ya. let me know how much. thanks.

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
So if I decide to put the envoy front bumper on my 2000 Sonoma ext cab what all parts and accessories are involved in doing the swap? And also what is a good estimated cost of doing this conversion?

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
if you already have a sonoma, all you need is the lights and bumper...and price ranges depending on where you go to get your stuff (dealer, aftermarket shop, junkyard, etc)

·
Registered
214 Posts
This probably doesn't help much, but the bulbs should be an 880 or an H3. More than likely they're an H3 (90% of factory foglights on the road are. The 880 has a plastic connector (i.e. the factory Xtreme foglights), while the H3 uses a spade terminal connected to a short pigtail.

-Chris

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
If i get some aftermarket drving lights for my Envoy bumper cover....what exactly is the size lights that fit the hole? Are they 4 inches or what?

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill find out

ill measure the openings today and let you know.

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the opening is 4.5 inches. so i would stick with four inch round lights. if i remember correctly that is what i used. hit me up with any other questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts