S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
140k and kickin'
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm only about 10 years behind the curve here but I finally got the Envoy conversion for my 94 S-10. Bumper on, braces fit, cover slipped on nice, where the hell does the foam pieces go? I didn't try put them in but I just don't see them fitting there. Also not 100% sure if there are supposed to be 2 bolts and speed clips on the under side for the bumper to cover or just the plastic clips with the center push in pieces. Any ideas? Pics would help but I'm sure this is a simple one for this group.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
That foam goes on top of the steel bumper under the headlights. its like a support. now i used velcro to keep the foam in place because over time it wears out and wanders off, then the bumper rattles. you will see the underside of the foam would match to a hole in the steel bumper.

The bumper cover itself is just held on with those tabs on the top and just push in the sides.

Now i never touched an envoy bumper but assuming its the same as a sonoma (95% sure it is) then what i said would be correct.

·
140k and kickin'
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, just what I needed. I really thought there was 2 more bolts that went or something that went on the bottom of the brace. I'm just happy its got a nose on it finally.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
well, there are the 2 support braces for the bumper...other than that nothing.

·
·
6,837 Posts
beandip is correct i has an envoy bumper cover it goes on top of the steel bumper

·
i want this wheel
642 Posts
where did you get the envoy bumper the only one i can find is for $300. i like it but not that damn much
Keep digging throught the junkyards. I found mine at Pull a part on an Envoy that wasn't even listed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts