S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i'm done with my conversion, i did the 2000 envoy conversion on my 96 sonoma.....found out a few things in the process. but here's my question when i turn on my headlights they draw a lot of juice from the truck...they flicker a little while then come on or perhaps one may come on before the next...should i buy a bigger battery or change alternators...any suggestions

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
trod72 said:
Ok i'm done with my conversion, i did the 2000 envoy conversion on my 96 sonoma.....found out a few things in the process. but here's my question when i turn on my headlights they draw a lot of juice from the truck...they flicker a little while then come on or perhaps one may come on before the next...should i buy a bigger battery or change alternators...any suggestions
maybe this is easier to read..........Ok i'm done with my conversion, i did the 2000 envoy conversion on my 96 sonoma.....found out a few things in the process. but here's my question when i turn on my headlights they draw a lot of juice from the truck...they flicker a little while then come on or perhaps one may come on before the next...should i buy a bigger battery or change alternators...any suggestions

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If you did the full conversion w/ the HID's that is probably normal... My HID's flicker when they turn on, and it is because they take a little bit of time to warm up... otherwise, I don't know what your problem is.

DogP

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it was the full conversion....i thought of the same thing just that i wanted some input from others with hids...wouldn't want to damage those lights...$$$$$$$$$$$

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
when i saw the $1500 and said fock that! i bought the lenses and made my standard bulbs work:thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pics

they are one the way...need to get some sun down here lot's rain...asap:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the pics are here the pics are tell me what you guys think

·
Need LSx swap.....
4,300 Posts
Hey, im new to this forum, but I am planning the same Envoy conversion. What is the type of HID bulb? I have seen 9006 (not Halogen, but a HID bulb made to fit in 9006 headlights), D2S, and D2R. Any ideas???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where the hell

where the hell did my pics go:D

Attachments

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
do you have a picture of the front end? I want to see that conversion.

Thomas
SLO, CA

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
DUDE! are those Boyd Coddington Shadows? those are bomb ass man! looks killer!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well the tint is two coats of g-5.....i just hide allot only problem is at night..the back glass is actually a mirror for inside can't see jack..17 the front end pic is under envoy conversion...thanks guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts